Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) 2019 Program
Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) 2019 Program. Applications are invited from outstanding high school students from around the world for the 2019 Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) program. The deadline for submission of applications is 6th February, 2019.
FINDING IT SO HARD TO ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE???
CLICK HERE TO SEE EASY STEPS ON HOW TO ADVERTISE ONLINE
Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) is a summer academic enrichment and leadership program for outstanding high school students from around the world. Each summer, students from over 100 countries participate in one of nine interdisciplinary sessions and immerse themselves in a global learning community.
YYGS-Beijing: Asia in the 21st Century (ATC) is administered by Yale Center Beijing and takes place in Beijing, China.
Tuition for each session of the 2019 Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) programis $6,250 USD, which includes instruction, housing on one of Yale’s historic residential colleges in New Haven or a hotel conveniently located near the Yale Center Beijing in China, three meals per day, and optional health insurance. TRAVEL COSTS ARE NOT INCLUDED in program tuition
Thanks to generous donors, YYGS is able to offer various Scholarships, which are Need-Based Financial Aid packages that cover full-tuition ($6,250 USD) and may also cover travel costs.
In order to be considered for one of these scholarships (below), you MUST complete the entire online YYGS Application, including the Need-Based Financial Aid portion, by February 6, 2019. YYGS staff will then automatically review whether or not you meet any of our 2019 scholarships’ eligibility requirements and contact you when decisions are released in late March or early April.
Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) Program Eligibility
In order to apply to YYGS, applicants MUST fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Age: Be at least 15 years old by February 6, 2019 (application deadline).
- English Fluency: Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Grade Level: Be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Graduation Date: Be graduating in May/June 2020 or 2021 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov./Dec. 2019 or 2020 from the Southern Hemisphere.
NB: YYGS accepts applications from ALL countries.
Required Components: YYGS reviews all applications holistically. Our staff understands that students come from a wide variety of backgrounds and with different educational and extracurricular opportunities. As a result, the essays and letters of recommendation are the most important parts of the application.
- Activities list
- One 500-word essay and two 200-word responses
- Official school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- Unofficial standardized test scores, if available (submit or waive)
- Need-based financial aid (submit or waive)
- $60 application fee
- You must click the Finalize & Pay button on the “Review” page for your application to be considered.
How to Apply for Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) Program
- Step 1: Review the YYGS eligibility criteria.
- Step 2: Review the YYGS application required components.
- Step 3: Review a PDF of a sample blank application, and start preparing to answer as many application questions as possible.
- Step 4: You will need to submit contact information for a parent/guardian, teacher, and/or official at your school. Reach out to them as soon as possible to review the PDF of a sample blank application with you, and be sure to collect the information you need.
- Step 5: Click APPLY NOW and start your 2019 application. Be sure to write down the email and password you use in case you need to login again to continue the application.
- Step 6: Contact YYGS Staff with ANY/ALL questions as you complete the application. The earlier you contact us, the more likely that we can help you by the deadline.
- Step 7: Check the “Review” page of the application to see if you are missing any required components, and go back into any pages that require further information.
- Step 8: Once your application is complete, on the “Review” page please click on the “Finalize & Pay” button at the bottom of the page.
- Step 9: Pay the $60 USD application fee. If you submitted a Fee Waiver Request*, this page will automatically skip.
*YYGS staff will contact you if your Fee Waiver Request is denied to let you know that your application will not be reviewed until the $60 YYGS application fee is paid.
- Step 10: Keep an eye out for an email from YYGS that confirms receipt of your completed application. Please note that confirmation emails usually arrive within 24-48 hours of submission, as there are sometimes delays in payment processing. Questions? Please contact us.
Click here https://apply.globalscholars.yale.edu/apply/ to apply
If interested, apply before: February 6, 2019 at 11:59PM EST.
Decision Notification: Applicants will be notified electronically of admissions decisions by late March or early April.