World Bank Fresh Recruitment Application Form – September, 2018
World Bank Fresh Recruitment Application Form – September, 2018. The World Bank Group is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions listed below.
The World Bank Group – Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2017, the WBG committed $59 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $19 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members.
It is governed by 188 member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
World Bank Recruitment Available Jobs
The World Bank Group recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
Job Title: E T Consultant
Job #: req616
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- The Africa unit of SIP Department of GGP seeks to recruit a local E T Consultant to be based in Abuja, Nigeria, to provide support for the Nigeria portfolio. This position is geared to assisting the World Bank staff, Nigerian Government and other agencies in implementing World Bank-financed programs by providing critical procurement advice and support.
- The ideal candidate shall combine a deep understanding of project procurement in different sectors with a considerable knowledge of the budget execution issues in developing countries.
- S/he will have demonstrated operational and analytic skills and will possess strong knowledge and understanding of project procurement management.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge and working experience with design and implementation of e-Government Procurement Systems and Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
The E T Consultant will:
- Help implement and further develop SIP activities in Nigeria with regard to Public Procurement;
- Work across countries/sectors; be responsible for reviewing and handling the technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement at all stages of the project cycle, including analysis of systemic and other procurement issues, procurement planning, design, implementation and management, and training;
- Provide operational advice to clients and Bank staff on concepts, policies and procedures for international and local procurement;
- Participate in the country’s procurement assessment, prepare background analysis, collaborate on developing appropriate public procurement legislation and practices and tailor instrument to meet specific client needs;
- Negotiate and resolve difficult procurement issues with Borrower agencies and handle questions/complaints from senior officials and contractors on bidding and award issues;
- Master’s Degree or equivalent qualification relevant to this position and minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in carrying out technical duties in procurement and contract management;
- State-of-the-art knowledge of public procurement principles, systems, process and planning, and approaches of international procurement, with proven ability to independently provide well researched analyses of complex procurement issues and problems;
- Seasoned knowledge and specialized command of all major facets of Bank procurement policies and practices as applied across a wide range of Bank lending operations at all phases of the project cycle, and ability to address broader issues at sector/country level;
- In-depth understanding of Bank operational policies and practices related to projects/sector work;
- Knowledge of developing country conditions generally and of procurement-related legislation, systems and practices;
- Good understanding of critical linkages and relationships among clients’ business drivers, business operations and objectives and Procurement processes;
Application Closing Date
8th October, 2018 at 11:59pm UTC
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online here: https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=616&site=1
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years.
- Canada Visa Lottery – Application Form
- FRSC Jamb Exam for 2018 Recruitment Guideline
Job Title: Team Assistant
Job #: req507
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 2 years, 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
- The World Bank, a leading multi-lateral institution in global economic development, is looking for a highly organized, energized and experienced person capable of operating effectively in a very demanding fast-paced environment to serve as a Team Assistant.
- The Team Assistant will be under direct supervision of the Senior Executive Assistant (SEA) who is responsible for her/his technical and professional development and performance evaluation.
- The Team Assistant is an integral part of the Nigeria Country Office Administrative and Client Support (ACS) team.
- (S)He will provide Administrative and client support to the Operational Staff.
- The job implies frequent interaction with other institutional units, staff in other locations (locally and internationally), Government officials, consultants and external organizations.
Roles & Responsibility
The overall purpose of the assignment is to provide administrative, logistical and operational support to the World Bank Nigeria Country Office.The main functions include but are not limited to:
Operational and administrative support:
- Provide support for preparation and implementation of World Bank projects and activities according to Bank procedures.
- Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc., according to Bank format and distribution.
- Collect and input data provided by Task Team Leaders into the central database, including processing new project status reports.
- Keep abreast of the Organization’s directives and ensure effective processing of all project documents.
- Draft routine correspondence (standard letters, memos, faxes, etc.) conforming to the Organization’s regional standards, using proper grammar, punctuation and style and proofread materials.
- Draft minutes of meetings and provide assistance in editing large documents.
- Maintain up-to-date divisional project files (both paper and electronic) and retrieve data from various sources and compile these for use by the Country Director and/or the Country Management Unit (CMU).
- Incorporate agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
Information Management and Client interaction:
- Answer internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, take accurate and comprehensive telephone messages, and route them to appropriate persons to handle.
- Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team.
- Co-ordinate with service units, and liaise frequently with team members both in Washington and in the Country Office.
- Track and report on appropriate aspects of the Team’s operational activities.
Time management & Logistic planning:
- Arrange working schedule and meeting with counterparts for the visiting teams.
- Co-ordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate the information.
- Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters.
- Solve non-routine problems creatively and resourcefully and assist in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, board presentation and signing, etc.
- Serve as a back-up to other staff and Task Team Assistants on project and administrative tasks.
- Occasionally perform Analytical tasks as may be requested by the Team Leader
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Supervisor.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree and at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience with a multilateral/bilateral organization is an advantage.
- Technology and systems knowledge – Demonstrate advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Project and task management – Exhibit good organizational, problem-solving, analytical skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrate attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within agreed schedule.
- Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Demonstrate knowledge of own department’s programs and products, know key players, understand own role. Display understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/ implement them.
- Versatility and adaptability – Demonstrate flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrate motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
- Client Orientation (ACS) – Exhibit good communication skills, positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand clients’ needs and complete them professionally.
- Learning, knowledge sharing and communication (ACS) – Good English language skills (verbal and written) Able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able to learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
- Business judgment and analytical decision making (ACS) – Able to manage information and support retention and disposition of information and records. Can search, report, and deliver basic information from various sources and independently respond to basic inquiries.
- Drive for Results – Able to take personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborate with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
Application Closing Date
3rd October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online here: https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=507&site=1
SEE MORE JOBS
- NDLEA Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Form Portal www.ndlea.gov.ng
- Unilorin Recruitment 2018/2019 Form | Apply Ongoing University of Ilorin Vacancies
- Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment Portal www.fedcivilservice.gov.ng
- Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2018/2019 Form Portal www.Prisons.gov.ng
- Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2018/2019 customs.gov.ng/jobs/joblistings.php
- First Bank Recruitment 2018/19 Form | 10 Vacant Positions Today
- Technology Distributions Limited 2018/2019 Latest Jobs | Apply Here
- Stresert Services Limited Recruitment 2018/2019 | Apply Here
- AB Microfinance Bank Recruitment 2018/2019 Form Portal www.ab-mfbnigeria.com
- Nigeria Top 100 Highest Paying Companies / Agencies [LIST]