Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) Recruitment
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) Recruitment – Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a local NGO with its head office in Abuja FCT. WEWE is soliciting for a qualified individual to fill the position of Director of Internal Audit and Compliance in a USAID funded project called ‘Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Project for Akwa Ibom and Rivers States.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
1. Director of Internal Audit and Compliance at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) Recruitment.
Job Title: Director of Internal Audit and Compliance
- The candidate must be a certified chartered accountant with over 10 years of experience in a managerial position, must have God’s calling to help widows and orphans, must be an individual with a passion for vulnerable children and one who is ready to join hands with the WEWE family to help WEWE/USAID achieve its project vision ‘To make Akwa Ibom and Rivers States the best places to live in Nigeria.’
- WEWE’s fiscal goal is to be one of the most financially compliant and transparent Nigerian NGO with intrinsic financial integrity and sound/supportive administrative system. Our core Ideology is to prove to the world that not all Nigerian NGOs are ‘fantastically’ corrupt. We want to be an example to the world of a fully trustworthy local NGO that is financially clean and administratively thorough.
- The Director of Internal Audit and Compliance will be responsible for ensuring that WEWE’s financial processes are compliant with International finance and administration’s rules and regulations.
- H/she must be someone who is naturally gifted, outstanding, and talented and has hands on experience with daily internal auditing and/or financial and administrative compliance monitoring.
- Location: The position will be based in Abuja with frequent travels to WEWE State offices in Akwa-Ibom and Rivers states to conduct audit clinics/internal audits and document verification assignments.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- The Director of Internal Audit and Compliance will contribute to the improvement of WEWE control processes, risk management and governance.
- Carry out pre and post review of all financial expenditures.
- Review sub implementing agencies monthly certified expenditure reports.
- Carry out internal control self-assessment on implementing agencies.
- Ensure compliance with USAID cost principles.
- Ensure full compliance with USAID financial rules and regulations other than cost principles.
- Ensure strict adherence with WEWE internal policies, procedures and practices.
- Secure adherence to Nigerian rules and regulations as it relates to WEWE LOPIN 2 operational activities.
- Perform monthly review and evaluation of financial records/reports and bank reconciliation statements.
- Ensure WEWE or WEWE LOPIN 2’s assets are safeguarded.
- Ensure inventory records are up-to-date, complete, and accurate (including all key data required by the USAID in 22 Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) 226.
- Assist the organization in carrying out risk identification and timely reports to the appropriate authority with improvement recommendations.
- Timely investigate all cases of fraudulent practices and missing assets.
- Ensure with-holding Tax is remitted within 21 days of deduction by the organization.
- Ensure PAYE tax is remitted to the relevant tax authority within 10 days in every new month by the organization.
- Ensure monthly remittance of staff pension benefit to the relevant pension managers by the Organization.
- Willing to travel frequently and make local runs for financial verification assignments within all WEWE LOPIN implementing states; Rivers and Akwa-Ibom.
- A graduate of Accounting with a minimum of 2ndclass upper Division or upper credit
- Must be a Chartered Accountant ICAN or ACCA.
- An advanced degree at the Master’s level or above in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in internal/external auditing or compliance experience in a multinational Organisation or non for profit Organisation.
- Strong background in accounting, internal control and compliance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with USAID projects is required
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter as ONE attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] Please indicate the title of the post applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Please you are advised to provide your functional emails/mobile phone number on your CV as well as that of your three professional referees preferably ICAN or ACCA members or direct supervisors at your current or former place of work.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.
Job Title: Director, Finance
- Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) is soliciting for a qualified individual to fill the position of Director Finance in USAID funded project called ‘Local Partner for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Project for Akwa Ibom and River States’.
- WEWE wishes to recruit a talented and God fearing Director Finance who believes in local organisations, that not all Nigerian’s are corrupt but instead believes in the ingenuity of the Nigerian and that the best of the Nigerian can be better than the rest. Someone who shares its ideologies and who see helping vulnerable populations such as widows and OVC as a calling from Almighty God
- The Director Finance will be based in Abuja and be responsible for the overall coordination of the financial aspect of the project by ensuring team’s compliance with WEWE and USAID financial, procurement and ensuring timely disbursement and retirement of funds.
- Location: The position will be based in Abuja with frequent travels to WEWE State offices in Akwa Ibom and Rivers State to conduct audit clinics/internal audits and document verifications assignments.
- Manages the accounting, financial records and other financial matter on the project
- Leads preparation of operational budgets and inputs into program budgets
- Sets up the financial systems to ensure compliance with USAID regulations
- Oversees budgeting, financial forecasting and cash-flow
- Coordinates external and donor audit activities
- Represents and coordinates USAID financial review processes
- Manages payroll
- Requests and reviews financial report from partnering organization
- Manages fleet and procurement
- Reconciles accounts monthly and prepares quarterly financial reports to the board
- Reviews deliverables prepared by teams before submitting
- Leads monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Fills out all USAID Accruals forms and financial standard forms
- Leads in the sub-granting processes including engagement of new Implementing Agencies (IAs) and fund disbursement and retirement
- Supports the capacity building efforts of WEWE for IAs to effectively liquidate fund advances in a timely manner
- Facilitates the Financial Compliance Advisor Board learning sessions
- Supervises all grant management and reporting on grant performance as well as provide financial and technical management to ensure best use of resources by preparing sound budgets, monitoring project expenses and ensures timely preparation of donor financial reports
- Leads the procurement and maintenance
- An advanced degree at the Master’s level or above in Finance, Accounting or a related field is required. Must be a Chartered Accountant or ACCA.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working as a senior level manager in health and development programs in developing countries.
- Strong understanding of Nigeria’s accounting and finance laws and regulations is essential
- In depth experience in Accounting practices, auditing, pay-rolling, sub-granting, finance management, Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with USAID, PEPFAR, and other donor organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational management and contract compliance.
- Familiarity with USAID regulations and procedures in the financial management of donor assisted projects.
- Must have a proven track record of building teams and fostering collaboration in order to achieve goals, meet milestones, and produce high quality financial reporting.
- Possess a track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Fluency in English required (oral and written)
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time within Nigeria.
- Experience with USAID projects is required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] Please indicate the title of position applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please you are advised to provide your functional emails/mobile phone number on your CV as well as that of your three referees.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.
3. Consultant – Web based Asset Register Software at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) Recruitment.
Job Title: Consultant – Web based Asset Register Software
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is soliciting for short-term consultants to conduct a 5-10 days consultancy to develop a Web based Asset Register Software.
Scope Of Work
- Develop WEWE Asset Register Software
- Ensure the Asset Register incorporates controls against abuse and in line with best standards and tailored towards a not-for-profit organisation.
Terms of Reference:
- The Consultant shall design and demonstrate the use of the asset register software.
- The asset Register should be able track full history of assets checks in and checks out.
- The asset Register should see which assets are assigned to whom and their physical location.
- The asset Register should be able to trigger email alert for asset check in and out.
- The asset Register should be able to import and export asset list to and from the excel sheet.
- The asset Register should be able to detect duplicated values.
- The asset Register should be able to input controls that grant access only the authorized personnel.
- The asset Register should be able to generate yearly, quarterly, monthly and weekly reports.
- The asset Register should be able to track the storage and issuance of expendable items.
- The asset Register should be able to capture and display transfer and donated assets from other organisations.
- The consultant will conduct training to the concerned staff.
Estimated Consultancy Duration:
- The consultancy is estimated to run a duration of 2 weeks.
- WEWE Asset Register Software
- Agenda for meeting with WEWE-LOPIN 2 Asset Management Team to discuss the implementation of the policy.
- Training on the use of the asset register software.
- Minutes of the relevant meetings with WEWE-LOPIN 2 Asset Management Team detailing the relevant inputs.
- Final Consultancy Report inclusive of photographs.
Qualification, Requirement And Experience
- Must have a degree in Computer Science, preferably software development.
- Show evidence of past job experience.
- Requisite expert proficiencies and certifications on the key subject areas: Software development.
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver on the scope of work and terms of reference within the timeline.
- Result-oriented and able to work independently.
- Proof of Consultancy Clientele.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or postgraduate diploma in related courses.
- High level of oral and written communication skills in English Language.
Consultancy Fee Rate
Fixed Fee (Negotiable)
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are hereby requested to kindly send their Proposal in one document to: [email protected]
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- WEWEs recruitment process for these positions is on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.