UNICEF Recruitment for Emergency Specialist
UNICEF Recruitment for Emergency Specialist. UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Number: 516199
Location: Abuja, Nigeria (with frequent travel within Nigeria including the North East) (364 days)
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
How can you make a difference?
- Under the guidance and supervision of the supervisor, establishes and implements country office emergency preparedness and response. Responsible for the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the emergency interventions to ensure the survival and well-being of children and mothers, and the affected communities in an emergency situation.
- Emergency preparedness is effectively arranged together with establishment of country contingency plans and early warning mechanisms.
- Emergency preparedness and response plans addresses gender issues that may be expected to intensify during emergencies.
- Emergency plans of action are developed, and compliance and coordination of all sectors with the plans are implemented.
- Technical advice on emergencies and programme management related to implementation of emergency preparedness measures are effectively provided.
- Emergency preparedness and response, and a consistent flow of information of the humanitarian situation are effectively coordinated within the office.
- Substantive improvements are made in the emergency preparedness and response capability of UNICEF staff and implementing partners through conduct of effective training activities.
- In the event of an emergency, UNICEF’s presence is promptly established and the initial emergency operational tasks are effectively executed, including provision of support for information communication technology, telecommunications facility and all staff security related assistance in the country office.
- Needs assessment is effectively conducted to determine priorities and an appropriate intervention by UNICEF based on the local emergency situation affecting children, their families and community.
- Timely delivery of assistance and supplies is provided, urgent staffing requirements are identified, and the appropriate use of UNICEF resources is monitored for effective project delivery.
- Emergency appeals and project proposals are prepared, and concerted efforts are put forward to mobilize donor response and recovery/rehabilitation-related funding.
- Longer-term requirements of the emergency operation/interventions are determined to build a regular operational and staffing structure.
- Continuous, effective and strategic coordination, communication, consultation and liaison are maintained with Government, UN agencies, NGOs, donors and allies in support of the special needs of children and women affected by emergency situations within the framework of the cluster approach and based on the Core Commitment for Children.
- Management is kept informed of humanitarian developments in relevant policies, situation developments, potential threats and opportunities/issues in the country.
- Emergency preparedness and response strategies are mainstreamed in the country office’s workplans. Sectoral input is provided for all related documents for the office’s Emergency Preparedness and Response, as well as for the Situation Analysis and the Country Programme Document.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Education: Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields: Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Law, Public Health, Nutrition, International Relations, Business Administration or other related disciplines. Preferably a combination of management, administration, and relevant technical fields
- Work Experience: Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in programme/project development, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and administration. Developing country work experience (for IP) or field work experience (for NO). Specialized training/experience in emergency response management highly desirable.
- Language Proficiency: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online here: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=516199
SEE MORE JOBS
- NDLEA Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Form Portal www.ndlea.gov.ng
- Unilorin Recruitment 2018/2019 Form | Apply Ongoing University of Ilorin Vacancies
- Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment Portal www.fedcivilservice.gov.ng
- Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2018/2019 Form Portal www.Prisons.gov.ng
- Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2018/2019 customs.gov.ng/jobs/joblistings.php
- First Bank Recruitment 2018/19 Form | 10 Vacant Positions Today
- Technology Distributions Limited 2018/2019 Latest Jobs | Apply Here
- Stresert Services Limited Recruitment 2018/2019 | Apply Here
- AB Microfinance Bank Recruitment 2018/2019 Form Portal www.ab-mfbnigeria.com
- Nigeria Top 100 Highest Paying Companies / Agencies [LIST]