Transfer Pricing Specialist Job at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
Transfer Pricing Specialist Job at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA). United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York.
From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
Table of Contents
- 1 Transfer Pricing Specialist Job at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- 2 UBA Transfer Pricing Specialist Job Requirements
- 3 How to Apply Transfer Pricing Specialist Job at UBA
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Transfer Pricing Specialist
Reference No: GF2018001
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Finance
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- As a brand with Africa as the center of its business operations, UBA strongly believes in Africa and its people with emphasis on being global. We are driving the renaissance of the African economy through innovation in Banking, having successfully built a strong domestic and international brand with footprints in 20 African countries, London, Paris and New York.
- Our strong presence on the African continent is deliberate and it reflects our love for diversity and a multicultural system. We have about 15,000 multilingual, ethnically varying and highly diverse people who reflect the richness, multiplicity and uniqueness of the twenty (20) African countries we operate
- Here at UBA, each person’s contribution is valued and is important to the overall vision of the company. Your career growth is of utmost importance to us, that’s why you deserve more than a job. You deserve a tribe. Working in UBA admits you into our tribe. You will do the work that you love, one that matters to you and will be involved in cross functional projects across all our geographies. You become a part of the culture built and nurtured on values, resilience and dedication, a culture that make us a role model for African businesses.
- We are currently seeking to hire for the position of Transfer Pricing Specialist who shall be responsible for developing and implementing the Transfer Pricing practices across the Group. The Transfer Pricing Specialist shall report to the Group Head, Tax Management.
Our ideal candidate should be able to:
- Develop procedures for the effective implementation of the Group TP policy and monitor compliance (by group companies) with laid down TP policies.
- Develop pricing templates relevant to the application of transfer pricing policies for intragroup transactions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the transfer pricing regulations; including the local documentation and filing requirements in most African countries.
- Develop TP compliance processes, procedures and checklists as required for ongoing monitoring and execution of the group’s TP policies, as well as discharge of group’s TP compliance obligations.
- Periodically assess the transfer pricing risks for entities across the Group and articulate recommendations to address those risks.
- Review annual TP compliance documents including: annual TP documentation reports, (i.e. the master file and local file for each entity), annual TP returns prepared for each country, and the group’s annual country-by-country reports.
- Ensure transfer pricing documentation is up to date and meets relevant regulatory requirements in all the entities within the Group (Africa and rest of the world)
- Ensure that transfer prices between the parties within the Group reflect the arm’s length rules as specified in the various tax legislations, and coordinate the acceptance of those rules by the subsidiaries on the basis of equity and fairness to all stakeholders.
- Work closely with Executive and Senior Management to determine TP implications of transactions under consideration.
- Work closely with entities under TP audit and coordinate responses and submissions to tax authorities and other key stake holders.
- Provide training to tax staff and key employees across the Group on transfer pricing matters.
- Develop and maintain relationships with tax authorities across the jurisdictions where the group operates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law/Business/Finance/ Accounting/Tax (2.2 minimum) and professional qualification in a relevant discipline.
- An Advanced Diploma in International Taxation will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to speak French will be an added advantage
- A self-starter with a commitment to meet deadlines and able to take ownership.
- Team player who is able to work closely with the businesses and Finance teams.
- Willing to travel across Africa
21st September, 2018.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online here https://uba.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/24765