TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Scholarship Program 2019 (Fully-funded)
TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Scholarship Program 2019 (Fully-funded) – Applications are open for the TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Scholarship Program 2019. The TaiwanICDF provides scholarships for higher education and has developed undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. programs in cooperation with renowned partner universities in Taiwan.
The International education and training has long been one of the TaiwanICDF’s core operations, among many others.
Human resources development programs play a vital role in assisting partner countries achieve sustainable development, and education is a crucial mechanism for training workforces in developing countries.
- The TaiwanICDF provides each scholarship recipient with a full scholarship, including return airfare, housing, tuition and credit fees, insurance, textbook costs and a monthly allowance.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country on the list of countries eligible for TaiwanICDF Scholarship, and satisfy any specific criteria established by his or her country and/or government of citizenship;
- Neither be a national of the Republic of China (Taiwan) nor an overseas compatriot student;
- Satisfy the admission requirements of the partner university to which he or she has applied to study under a TaiwanICDF scholarship;
- Be able to satisfy all requirements for a Resident Visa (Code: FS) set by the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) set by the Ministry of the Interior, of the ROC (Taiwan) government (this means that the TaiwanICDF has the right to revoke a scholarship offered if an applicant cannot satisfy the visa requirements);
- Upon accepting a TaiwanICDF scholarship, not hold any other ROC (Taiwan) government-sponsored scholarship (such as the Taiwan Scholarship) in the same academic year in which the TaiwanICDF scholarship would be due to commence;
- Not be applying for another TaiwanICDF scholarship in unbroken succession —to apply for a 2019 scholarship, applicants who have already held a TaiwanICDF scholarship, MOFA’s Taiwan Scholarship or an MOE scholarship must have graduated before July 31, 2018;
- Have never had any scholarship revoked by any ROC (Taiwan) government agency or related institution, nor been expelled from any Taiwanese university;
- Applicants must also meet the Regulations Governing Visiting, Resident, and Permanent Residency of Aliens set by ROC(Taiwan) National Immigration Agency.
Note: All Undergraduate Programs only accept applications submitted by citizens of allied countries of ROC (Taiwan).
How to Apply for TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Scholarship Program.
Applicants should submit the documents listed below:
- A photocopy of applicant’s passport or other document showing proof of nationality.
- A photocopy of applicant’s highest-level diploma and academic transcripts.
- A photocopy of applicant’s English proficiency certificate.
Please note: This means a TOEFL test score or that of another recognized English proficiency exam, or documents certifying that the applicant has graduated from a program where all courses were taught in English. Applicants who are unable to provide such proof of English proficiency due to special circumstances may be assessed for English proficiency by an ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate General/ Representative Office via interview or other forms of testing. Applicants whose official national language is English are exempt from needing to supply these documents.
- Two letters of reference.
- Any other documents specifically requested by an ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate General/ Representative Office.
Applicants must complete an online application and then submit a signed, printed copy along with all other application documents to the ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate General/ Representative Office stationed in your country.
Please note that each applicant can only apply for one program at a time. The applicant also needs to submit a separate program application to his/her chosen universities.