TA Nutrition Officer Job at UNICEF Recruitment
TA Nutrition Officer Job at UNICEF Recruitment. TA Nutrition Officer at the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TA Nutrition Officer, NO-B
Job Number: 516353
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
How can you make a difference?
- The position will provide support to the Nutrition Section in providing specific technical support and guidance for scale up of implementation of Community Infant and Young Child Feeding practices by supporting operationalization of SBCC and MIYCN plans in focus states, with attention to the implementation of the modelling a comprehensive approach to improve Dietary Diversity in Kano state and documentation for scale.
Hot Vacancies in Nigeria You Can’t Miss.
- Federal Government Recruitment 2018;
- EFCC Recruitment;
- NPower Recruitment;
- NIA Jobs in Nigeria;
- DPR Recruitment;
- NNPC Recruitment;
- Total Nigeria Recruitment;
- Nigerian Airforce Recruitment;
- Nigerian Police Recruitment;
- Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment;
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment;
- Federal Road Safety Recruitment 2018;
- Federal Inland Revenue Recruitment 2018;
- Nigerian Custom Service Recruitment;
- Oil and Gas Jobs in Nigeria;
- Top Companies in Nigeria that are Recruiting Massive Intake this Month;
- ICRC Jobs in Nigeria;
- How to Apply for SSS and DSS Recruitment in Nigeria;
- Ensure technical guidance and support for implementation of a comprehensive modelling approach to improve dietary diversity in 2 LGAs of Kano state and documentation of lessons learned for scale up.
- Provide support in scaling up IYCF component of the Nutrition programme by implementation of MIYCN and IYCF/SBCC operational plans in supported states in collaboration with Government and other development partners as well as other sectors within UNICEF
- Provide support in harmonization process to implementation of CIYCF counselling approaches together with the use of complementary feeding teaching videos and integration with MNP using CMAM programme as entry point as well as ensure regular monitoring of implementation including in emergency areas.
- Ensure Early Childhood Nutrition needs are identified in collaboration with FO colleagues including supplies and training needs and appropriate actions are timely taken
- Ensure monthly and quarterly analytical reports from all levels of implementation are timely done and feedback communicated effectively to the program manager and timely shared with other stakeholders
- In collaboration with the program manager and Nutrition data officer ensure that the nutrition program reports are also channelled through the existing state and national health system reporting arrangements monthly
- Undertake quarterly Joint Supportive supervision (State and lower levels),
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health & Nutrition, Health Sciences, International Health & Nutrition, Public Health & Nutrition Policy and Management, Family and Community Health & Nutrition, Nutritional Epidemiology, Health & Nutrition Education, Health & Nutrition Promotion and Disease Prevention, Training in gender and in nutrition programmes that promote gender equality is an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in public health/nutrition planning and programming and/or in relevant areas of Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition Relevant experience in health/nutrition program/project development and management in any UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency. Experience in monitoring gender inequalities and in programming interventions that reduce the disparities is an asset.
- Fluency in English and local working languages, especially Hausa
Application Closing Date
Monday, 1st October, 2018 by 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (W. Central Africa Standard Time)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online here https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=516353
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.