Call for Web Residencies: Solitude and ZKM Web Residencies Program 2019
Solitude and ZKM Web Residencies Program – The call for application for the Web Residencies 2019 by Solitude and ZKM is now open. The web residencies program was initiated by Akademie Schloss Solitude in 2016 to support young talents from the international digital scene, and artists of all disciplines who deal with web-based practices.
Table of Contents
Artists are invited to experiment with digital technologies and new art forms, and reflect on the topic – Planetary Glitch.
This is a call for artists, designers, (bio)hackers, technologists, storytellers, writers, healers and shape-shifters to create new open source strategies for undoing the trap of the planetary shift.
Among these strategies may include kitchen recipes for eating the other, pleasure tutorials, witchcraft and alchemy, collective coping mechanisms, online networks of care, information emancipation, training exercises for becoming-with our mutations, biohacking protocols for freeing toxic substances from their molecular mystique, and digital tools for radical interconnectedness.
- For each call, the curator selects four project proposals, whose creators are rewarded with a four-week residency and $750 USD. All selected web residents are nominated for the production prize HASH by Solitude & ZKM which will be awarded in 2019.
Solitude and ZKM Web Residencies Program Eligibility
- Open to artists, designers, (bio)hackers, technologists, storytellers, writers, healers and shape-shifters
- Format: They accept text, performance, documentary video and fiction, 3D objects, net sculptures and installations, web archives, apps, and any other experimental mediums. Selected projects should be carried out in open-source formats that are well-documented, shareable, and consider the accessibility of its users, who may range in age, race, gender, economic class, and ability.
How to Apply for Solitude and ZKM Web Residencies Program.
Submit your project proposal in the form of:
- A headline
- A concept text in English (1,000–1,500 characters with spaces)
- A header image (high resolution, landscape format)
- A short bio in English (500 characters with spaces)
- A portfolio PDF (images, text, links)