Apply RESOLV Graduate School Scholarship (GSSP) 2018/2019
RESOLV Graduate School Scholarship (GSSP) 2018/2019. The Cluster of Excellence RESOLV calls for application from Individuals who are willing to undergo a degree program in Germany.
RESOLV aims at providing a highly stimulating, opportunity-filled environment, in order to gain and retain talented scientists from underrepresented groups, thereby instilling a gender- and diversity-sensitive culture.
Besides preparing a doctoral thesis, all GSS members will complete a three-year structured training programme. The programme focuses on:
- deepening the knowledge in Solvation Science and related fields
- learning how to present the own research in front of scientific experts and in front of the lay public
- international work experience
- generic skills
- technology transfer activities
In cooperation with the Graduate School Scholarship Programme (GSSP) of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the Graduate School Solvation Science (GSS) will offer to 4 promising doctoral students the opportunity to undertake their doctoral studies under the supervision of one scientist within the RESOLV consortium.
Two scholarships will start in October 2019 (first call in September 2018, deadline 15th of November 2018) and the other two in October 2020 (second call in September 2019). They will be funded by DAAD for up to 4 years.
Eligible Countries: Non-German Countries
Eligible Field Of Study: Solvation Science
- Applicants must be a non-German citizen
- Applicants must be a student from an eligible institution (please visit the database of foreign secondary school qualifications on the website of the Central Office for Foreign Education: ANABIN ; the website is in German, but by following the Instructions you will still be able to check your qualifications)
- You are rated at minimum 1.5 (“very good”/grade A) at the level of Master/Diploma or in case of the fast track PhD option at the level of Bachelor in chemistry, physics, biochemistry, engineering, or a related discipline
- You have sound knowledge of Solvation Science, especially in the chosen research field
- You have very good language skills in at least one of the following: English and/or German (equivalent to level B2, oral and writing, certified)
- Your last final exam has taken place during the last six years at the time of the nomination (estimated March 2019)
- You have not resided in Germany for more than fifteen months (exception for refugees) at the time of the nomination (estimated March 2019)
Applications Deadline: November 15th 2018