Project Assistant (MM/AVR/OPS) at International Organization for Migration
International Organization for Migration Recruitment 2018/2019 Form. View current open jobs at International Organization for Migration (IOM) September, 2018 in Nigeria and apply today. Latest ongoing recruitment and job
Table of Contents
- 1 International Organization for Migration Recruitment 2018/2019 Form
- 2 How to Apply International Organization for Migration Recruitment 2018/2019 Form
Apply Current open jobs International Organization For Migration – IOM September , 2018 in Nigeria. Latest ongoing recruitment and job openings in International Organization for Migration.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Job Title: Project Assistant (MM/AVRR/OPS)
SVN No.: SVN2018/87
Organizational Unit: Migration Management (Assisted Voluntary Return & Reintegration)
IOM Classification: G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) Grade Equivalent Contract (Renewable)
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Irregular migration along the Central Mediterranean route is increasingly dangerous for migrants. Crossing the Mediterranean to Italy is by far the deadliest route, with 1 death recorded for 35 arrivals (IOM, 2016). In addition, over 70% of the migrants interviewed by IOM on their arrival in Italy report that they were victims of trafficking or other exploitative practices during their migratory journey along the routes of the Central Mediterranean.
To meet these challenges, the European Union (EU) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) have developed the Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration in Africa (hereinafter “Joint Initiative”). Complementing this programme, IOM is also planning to implement additional projects that aim to protect the security, dignity and rights of returning migrants from along this important and dangerous migration route and to help improving the reintegration of returnees through an innovative approach.
This will be achieved through different types of interventions including protection and assistance to vulnerable and stranded migrants, assistance for voluntary return, support for sustainable reintegration in the communities of origin, the dissemination of accurate information on migration to migrants, potential migrants and communities, and the collection of data on migration flows. The Initiative and complementing projects will aim at strengthening the technical and material capacities of the authorities and organizations involved in these areas so that they can ultimately take over policies and programmes related to the protection and reintegration of migrants in the region, with a view to improving the governance of migration in the region.
Working under the overall supervision of the Project Officer (MM/AVRR) Lagos and the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant (AVRR), Lagos the successful candidates will contribute to the implementation of the Reintegration and related activities in IOM Nigeria, with special focus on provision of post-arrival assistance for returning migrants and provision of reintegration support in their respective areas of origin.
- Provide overall support in the day-to-day functioning of AVRR operational support and any other related activities;
- Organize movements for returnees, migrants, or refugees using the MiMOSA, I-Gator and Amadeus databases and by implementing appropriate operational procedures;
- Liaise with Immigration Authorities, Embassies, Airlines, partners as well as with IOM Missions to facilitate smooth departure and transit of migrants travelling under IOM auspices;
- Conduct pre-departure and post-arrival briefings with the returnees/migrants/refugees;
- Make booking arrangements with the carriers, including preparation and distribution of passenger manifests;
- Coordinate with offices responsible for transit and upon arrival reception assistance
- Adhere to established rules and regulations for matters regarding invoicing and updating of Ticket Order Records etc.;
- Create Advance Booking Notifications (ABNs) according to movements
- Guided by the IOM Operations and AVRR SOP’s and IGN’s, assist in providing arrival assistance to returning migrants in coordination with relevant government counterparts;
- Provide support such as reintegration counselling, preparation of individual, collective or community based reintegration plans and track the implementation of reintegration assistance provided to returnees directly and/or through referral mechanisms;
- Facilitate the disbursement of travel allowances and return grants to returning migrants, arrange onward transportation for returning migrants as appropriate;
- Assist in collecting and digitizing data on returnees and ensure the documentation and filing of all beneficiaries in a database for reference and monitoring including regular update of beneficiaries’ information in a database in accordance with IOM Data Protection Principles and Guidelines;
- Assist in tracing and contacting returnees, updating profiles, and assessing their vulnerabilities and needs to facilitate smooth socioeconomic reintegration;
- In line with international standards and IOM guidelines and procedures, assist in conducting family tracing and reunification on a case by case basis upon request in the context of AVRR;
- Provide general support to the assessment of the qualitative and quantitative impact of reintegration initiatives;
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation of beneficiaries where necessary;
- Support in the preparation and timely submission of reports;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Certificate in Economics, Management, International Relations, Development Studies, Social Work and other related Social Science fields
- Minimum of two years relevant experience for those with University Degree and above or minimum of four years with high school diploma in the field of Migration management, case management, livelihood support, small enterprise development, rehabilitation and reintegration, including operational and field experience or related field, preferably within the International Humanitarian Field;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory;
- Good knowledge of project development, administration and evaluation concepts and procedures.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international organizations and private sector entities.
- Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, Outlook PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint.
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage, preferably within the United Nations or in humanitarian work.
- Fluency in English and Native Language; Fluency in multiple languages advantageous;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level)
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
9th September, 2018.
- Imo International Health Systems Recruitment 2018/2019 (11 Openings)
- MasterCard Nigeria Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Form
- Cook Steward Job at the Zimbabwe Embassy 2018 Recruitment
- Housekeeper Job at the Zimbabwe Embassy 2018 Recruitment
- ActivEdge Technologies Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Form
- Australia 2019 Awards | Fully Funded Masters Scholarships for Africans
- Mblatava Nigeria Limited 2018/19 ITF NECA Farming Skills Training Programme
- Pan-African Oil & Gas Servicing Company 2018/2019 Recruitment Form
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications via email to: [email protected] indicating position applied on subject line.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line “SVN2018.87 Lagos. Project Assistant (MM. AVRR/Ops) G4.”
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- This position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.