Obama Foundation Africa Leaders Program 2019
Obama Foundation Africa Leaders Program 2019. Obama Foundation is now accepting applications from emerging leaders across Africa for its 2019 Africa Leaders Program.
The deadline for submission of applications for the Obama Foundation Africa Leaders program is 6:00 p.m. EST on Thursday, February 28, 2019.
The Obama Foundation Africa Leaders Program will inspire, empower, and connect emerging leaders from across Africa, through a core set of shared values and leadership skills, to build a new generation of active African citizens and positive role models prepared to create tangible solutions to the challenges in their communities, countries, and continent.
The Program seeks to identify emerging leaders in government, civil society, and the private sector who have demonstrated a commitment to advancing the common good within their sphere of influence. The objective of the program is to build a growing network of innovative and ethical change makers, who seek to drive change in their communities. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated potential for impact and a clear commitment to integrity.
The Foundation is committed to recruiting a diverse cohort of Leaders, and encourages all individuals to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, religion, or disability status.
Those who are selected to participate in the Africa Leaders Program will need to be available to be in Johannesburg, South Africa from July 10 through July 15 and able to participate in robust online programming activities throughout the year.
Obama Foundation Africa Leaders Program Benefits.
The Foundation covers economy class airfare, ground transportation in South Africa, and shared dormitory accommodations during the dates of the in-person convening. Leaders are responsible for covering any costs related to acquiring a passport and obtaining a South African visa.
Obama Foundation Africa Leaders Program Requirements & Eligibility.
- Leaders are required to participate in a 5-day convening from July 10th to July 15th in Johannesburg, South Africa in July 2019;
- Leaders are required to take part in intense online and virtual programming activities throughout the program year, for approximately eight hours per month. This includes interactive webinars, accountability group meetings, peer review of action plans, and discussions around the values-based leadership and challenges facing ethical leaders;
- Leaders are committed to ongoing learning and peer mentoring through in-person gatherings;
- As active stewards of the program, Leaders are expected to collaborate with the Foundation to evaluate and refine the program for future cohorts.
From government, to civil society, to the private sector and beyond, they’re looking for changemakers who have demonstrated a commitment to advancing the common good within their sphere of influence and have clear potential for impact and commitment to integrity.
You must meet all of the following criteria to be accepted into the Leaders: Africa program.
- You must be a citizen of an African country.
- You must currently reside in an African country (it is okay to reside in an African country other than the African country of your nationality).
- You must be between 24-40 years old on February 28, which is the closing date of the application.
- You must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
The Foundation is committed to recruiting a diverse cohort of Leaders, and encourages all individuals to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or disability status.
How to Apply for Obama Foundation Africa Leaders Program.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on this link https://www.obama.org/africa/#apply