When Will the Nigerian Customs Start Recruiting and How To Apply?
Table of Contents
- 1 When Will the Nigerian Customs Start Recruiting?
- 2 Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment
- 3 Where to get Nigeria Customs Service Application Form
- 4 Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment Forms – Requirements
- 5 What are the entry qualifications for the Nigerian Customs Service?
If you are seeking a position in this organization, then you need to apply through the official website – www.customs.gov.ng. Let us take a look at the necessary steps to apply for a job in the Nigerian Custom Service.
The Nigeria customs service was introduced in 1891. The main idea for the creation of such service is to control revenue collection and all custom related activities in the country. As at today, their activities are being controlled by the government. However, the proper management of this institution is one major challenge Nigeria is facing.
Moreover, there are also problems with preventing people from carrying out smuggling activities on the borders. These smuggling activities are being successfully carried out due to holes in Nigerian borders and corruption amongst custom officers.
Last month, Mediangr.com announced that the Nigeria customs service will likely start their recruitment process in the country. However, further information is yet to be provided regarding the exact date the application process will start.
According to Mediangr.com, applicants who want to join the Nigeria Customs Service have to possess certain qualifications. For instance, male candidates should not be less than 1.68m tall and female candidates should be at least 1.65m tall. Applicants should also possess any of these qualifications – BSC, HND, ND, NCE, GCE, NECO and SSCE.
All interested and suitable candidates can get their application forms from the Nigeria Customs Service recruitment Website. Simply visit www.customs.gov.ng and fill in the application form online!
Do not forget that all candidates should provide precise information about themselves; details of these necessary information can be found on the Nigeria Customs website. You will also need to print:
- Acknowledgement form
- Parent Consent Form
- Local Government Attestation Form
The very first major mission of the Nigeria Customs Service is to facilitate the collection of revenue and providing fiscal measures. Their main functions include the following:
- This agency is formed to monitor and prevent smuggling to Nigeria
- Trade Facilitation
- Reduction of illicit trafficking in and outside the country
- It is created to collect charges and levies
- It generates statistical data.
If you want to apply for this position, you will need to have at least a second class lower BSC degree.
If you want to apply for this position, you need to have at least a HND degree from a reputable institution.
If you want to apply for this position, you will need at least a National Diploma Degree or National Certificate of Education.
To apply for this position, you need to have at least an SSCE or NECO certificate with a minimum of credits in 5 subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- Federal Government Recruitment 2018;
- EFCC Recruitment;
- NPower Recruitment;
- NIA Jobs in Nigeria;
- DPR Recruitment;
- NNPC Recruitment;
- Total Nigeria Recruitment;
- Nigerian Airforce Recruitment;
- Nigerian Police Recruitment;
- Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment;
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment;
- Federal Road Safety Recruitment 2018;
- Federal Inland Revenue Recruitment 2018;
- Nigerian Custom Service Recruitment;
- Oil and Gas Jobs in Nigeria;
- Top Companies in Nigeria that are Recruiting Massive Intake this Month;
- Shell Recruitment APplication Form;
- How to Apply for SSSand DSS Recruitment in Nigeria;
As mentioned earlier, all male candidates should be at least 1.68m tall and female candidates should be at least 1.65m tall. All suitable candidates should have SSCE or NECO certificates with credits in no less than four subjects. These subjects should include Mathematics and English Language.
Do not forget that all candidates should have General Certificate of Education. You also need to be physically and mentally fit to become a part of the customs service family.
All candidates must not have any criminal records if they want to work with the customs service. If you have any kind of disability, then you should not apply for the service!
The question of whether the Nigeria custom service has started recruiting remains open. According to Mediangr.com, the recruitment process should have been announced way back in May 2018, but the exact date is yet to be announced.
However, prospective applicants need to know all that it takes to be a part of the Nigeria Customs Service, have all the necessary documents, be mentally and physically fit. Visit their official website https://www.customs.gov.ng/ for all necessary details!