Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) Chief S.L Edu Research Grant 2018
Nigerian Conservation Foundation NCF Chief S.L Edu Research Grant 2018. Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) is now accepting applications from eligible Nigerians for the 2019 Chief S.L Edu Research Grant. The deadline for submission of applications is 30th November, 2018.
Table of Contents
The Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) with support from Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) offers research grants to Nigerian citizens wishing to undertake research work in fields related to nature conservation and sustainable livelihood. The grant shall be to support a PhD programme. This year’s theme is ‘Mangrove Conservation and Combatting Desert Encroachment’.
The Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) has a vision of a Nigeria where people prosper while living in harmony with nature. This vision is what drives the following NCF mission statements:
- The preservation of a full range of Nigeria’s biodiversity which includes species, ecosystems and genetic biodiversity
- The promotion of sustainable use of natural resources for the benefit of present and future generations; and
- The advocacy of actions that minimize pollution and wasteful utilization of renewable resources.
- Candidates must be Nigerian citizens;
- Candidates must have M.Sc. Degree or equivalent qualification in Biological Sciences, Social Sciences or Law (Environmental Law/Protection) but related to environmental resources management;
- Candidates must have secured admission into a Nigerian university towards a PhD degree in any of the fields stated above;
- Candidates must develop acceptable research proposals that meet NCF’s vision and mission;
- Proposals must be in line with the theme.
How to Apply for NCF Chief S.L Edu Research Grant.
- A progress report (on letter headed paper) from the applicant’s Project Supervisor(s) stating how far he or she has gone in his or her research work and his/her role in the initial review, as well as the relevance to the objectives of the grant, is a very essential condition for considering any application. Please note that a reference letter is an equivalent of a Progress Report from the Supervisors(s);
- 200-word justification, with relevance to natural and environmental resource management and biodiversity conservation;
- A 3,000-word project proposal to be submitted should reflect the Title, Introduction/Statement of Problem, Objectives, Methodology and Expected Output etc.;
- Curriculum vitae (not more than 2 pages detailing research and work experience);
- Scanned copy of admission letter.
Interested? Visit here to apply http://ncfnigeria.org/component/rsform/form/3-chief-s-l-edu-research-grant
Paper application will be considered. Applicants should not submit more than one proposal for consideration.
Please be informed that all applications will be acknowledged while only successful candidates will be contacted by the Foundation.
Apply before: 30th November, 2018.