Mooring Master Trainees Jobs at Chevron Nigeria Limited
Mooring Master Trainees Jobs at Chevron Nigeria Limited… Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL), is recruiting for Mooring Master Trainee. The ideal candidate should possess Unlimited Ocean-Going Master Mariner license with “Dangerous Cargo” (Oil & Gas) endorsement.
Job Title: Mooring Master Trainee.
Job Location: Delta (Escravos).
Critical Selection Criteria
- The Mooring Master acts as Chevron representative on Export Tankers. He is the point of contact with government representatives and officials during exports to ensure efficient, coordinated export activities are achieved. Perform export tanker arrival safety inspection and ensures compliance of Export Tankers, Masters, Officers and crew with Chevron requirements.
- Document performance and condition of export tankers, prepare reports for CVX Clearance and vetting system.
- Responsible for advising Export tanker Captain, officers and crew on safe activities with the following key activities:
- Safe pilotage/Mooring operations and export tanker approach to berths
- Conducting safe mooring and unmooring operations
- Safe cargo hose connecton and disconnection
- Hold back tug connection and disconnection
- Pre-loading activities including all check lists
- Communication between export tanker, Terminal and hold back tug
- All Cargo/Ballast Handling operations
- Export paperwork, including sampling and calculations of cargo volumes
- Responsible for export tanker safe position keeping once export tanker is safely moored at Chevron Terminals. Monitor mooring system and equipment while export tankers berthed at Terminals. Supervision of Mooring Technicians during all mooring operations and hose connecton and disconnection.
- Coordination with his Supervisor on export operations planning, including:
- Export tanker scheduling
- Export tanker operations
- Inward and outward clearance
- All aspects of government and agent liaison
- Partner requirements
- Cargo discrepancies
- Operational issues resolution
- Support the implementation of the Chevron Operational Excellence Management System – OEMS processes, ensures all marine operations conducted at Chevron Terminals are completed safely and in compliance with the Company Safe Operating Procedures.
- Takes a proactive role in safety and environmental management consistent with Policy 530, API RP 14C/14J guidelines, ISGOTT, OCIMF guidelines, applicable maritime regulatory requirements and accepted industry standard for safety and environmental practices.
- Monitors and supports Field HES programs including safety training , compliance reviews, near-miss/incidents investigation and reporting emergency preparedness and response spill reporting and response, safety and communications meetings and process improvement initiatives. Complies with Chevron behavioral safety principles.
- Responsible for ensuring training of new recruits and trainee Mooring Masters/Loading Masters is conducted in a timely and professional manner.
The Mooring Master shall have:
- An unlimited Class 1 Deck License with an appropriate dangerous cargo endorsement for crude oil.
- Served in a senior capacity on board tankers > 25.000 tonnes during their sea going career for at least 36 months.
- Skill in the shiphandling of large tankers. Offshore Marine Terminal operations.
- Served for a minimum of (10) years as a Mooring Master experienced with safe berthing of tankers at offshore terminal export facilities.
- An extensive knowledge of SPM type facilities including but not limited to export operations and maintenance of all equipment and systems.
- High quality communications skills and be able to coordinate activities remotely when operating outside of normal work locations.
- Core skills associated with Bridge Resource Management are essential all Mooring Masters must be able to understand personal limitations and assess operational risk in order to develop mitigation plans.
- Capability of working a 28/28 day rotational assignment in a remote location
- Unlimited Ocean-Going Master Mariner license with “Dangerous Cargo” (Oil & Gas) endorsement
- Experience: A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in marine transportation, offshore terminals, mooring and cargo transfer operations
Apply Before: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below: