The audition for the Maltavator Challenge TV Show will run from 6th October, 2018 to 8th December, 2018 across different cities. By entering the Audition, You accept these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them. This Audition is hosted by Guinness Nigeria Plc (“Guinness Nigeria” or “Promoter”).
Show (the “Audition”) and participating in the Malta Guinness Maltavator Challenge TV Show (the
1. Promoter. The Audition is organized by Guinness (Nigeria) Plc (“Guinness” or “Guinness Nigeria”). Hereafter referred to as the ‘Promoter’.
2. Auditions Objective and Period: This Audition is aimed at selecting the best contestants to represent Nigeria in the Pan African Maltavator Challenge TV show. Auditions will hold across the listed cities from 6th October, 2018 to 8th December, 2018 (“Audition Period”).
- • Ibadan City: 6th October, 2018
- • Benin City: 20th October, 2018
- • Enugu City: 3rd November, 2018
- • Abuja City: 17th November, 2018
- • Lagos City: 1st December, 2018
Malta Guinness Maltavator Challenge ELIGIBILITY
3. This Audition is open only to Nigerian residents excluding employees of Diageo, their famililes and any agencies or anyone connected to the Audition.
4. Entrants must be aged 18 and over. Proof of age and proof of purchase may be required to validate entry.
5. You must be in excellent physical and mental health. The Malta Guinness appointed medical practitioner in his/her sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from participating in the Audition or the TV Show without any liability to the Promoter.
6. All events are prohibited for the following persons;
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Anyone with neck, back, knee and ankle complaints/injuries
- Anyone weak of heart or who suffers from heart conditions
- Anyone who is pregnant or could be pregnant
HOW TO ENTER/PARTICIPATE IN THE Malta Guinness Maltavator Challenge AUDITION
7. To participate, a participant must do the following:
- Buy a can of Malta Guinness Classic at the sampling stand of the audition venue to obtain a ticket to participate.
- Participant must agree to a physical examination by a Medical Practitioner appointed by the Malta Guinness team.
- Only participants who obtain clearance from the medical practitioner appointed by the Malta Guinness team will be eligible to participate in the audition exercise.
- Eligible participants are issued a tag number which is unique to them, and they are profiled for registration- here they fill their names, phone number, Age, Nationality and email address.
8. All registered participants go through the first stage of the auditions- “the Elimination stage”. This is a setup of obstacles where participants go through in the fastest possible time and each participant’s finish time is recorded. At the end of this stage, the top 100 fastest time for both male and female are selected to proceed to the next stage of the auditions which continue across other various obstacles till the finalists for each region emerge.
Malta Guinness Maltavator Challenge Shortlisted Contestants
9. All finalists that emerge from each region will then compete at the grand finale event where the finalist for Nigeria will be selected after going through series of obstacle challenges to represent Nigeria at the Pan African Maltavator Challenge TV show- Season 2 and compete along with other Contestants from Ghana, Cameroun, Cote D’
Ivoire and Ethiopia.
10. If you are short-listed, the Producers may conduct telephone interviews and then further digital video (DV) interviews in your home in order to determine the participants.
Selected Contestants for Malta Guinness Maltavator Challenge
11. If selected as a participant, you must be willing to prepare and travel to any stipulated production location within Africa to participate in The Series between January 2019 and 30th March 2019 (might be subject to change.)
12. If you are selected to be a participant, we will endeavor to give you at least two (2) weeks’ notice prior to the start of the week that you are to participate in the Series.
13. Guinness Nigeria will be responsible for arranging suitable travel and accommodation for the participants.
14. During your participation you may be filmed, recorded and photographed in a candid manner, where you will have little or no privacy.
Malta Guinness Maltavator Challenge Prizes
15. The grand prize for the final winner of the Maltavator Challenge TV show is Twenty Thousand Dollars ($20,000).
16. Consolation prizes of Four Hundred Dollars ($400) will be rewarded to all the other contestants of the Maltavator Challenge TV show (might be subject to change).
Malta Guinness Maltavator Challenge Prize Availability
17. All prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and not redeemable for other prizes (in whole or in part). The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize or equivalent monetary value or otherwise, without prior notice nor liability to participants.
18. If alternative prizes involve manufactured items, they shall be subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions for warranty, service and maintenance, and the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for them. In particular, prizes are provided by the Promoter “AS IS” without warranties of any kind, including warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, non-infringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose.
General – Malta Guinness Maltavator Challenge
19. By participating in the Auditions, participants grant Guinness Nigeria the right to use their name and/or images in Audition material to be deployed in TV, radio, print, digital and social media. Participants shall not be entitled to any form of compensation for the reposting or usage of their name and/or images and shall indemnify Guinness Nigeria Plc and its associated companies against any third party claims, losses and damages that may arise as a result of the usage of these posts, name(s) and/or images.
20. Participants will be required to sign and return a Declaration and Release Form which, among other things, releases Guinness, the sponsor of the auditions and TV Show, its respective subsidiaries and associated companies, agents, including advertising and Audition agencies, from all liability relating to the Audition and TV Show and acceptance and/or use of the prize (where the participant is a winner) and confirms his/her compliance with the terms and conditions applicable to the prize.
21. Data Privacy- The personal data you provide to or which is obtained by The Promoter pursuant to this Audition and your participation in the TV Show, including without limitation your name, telephone number, email address, nationality, medical records, criminal history and address, will be processed and are required to administer your participation in the Audition and TV Show. You hereby consent to the use of your personal data for the purposes of the Audition and TV Show.
22. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any additional charges incurred (including but not limited to charges for 3rd-party collection, delivery, insurance, etc.) to customers who fail to receive the gift/prize either by means of address error by the customer, or is physically absent during delivery, or choose to make special collection arrangements or pick-up services – should a delivery be necessary.
23. Taxes and levies imposed by any relevant applicable government or tax authority that may be levied or incurred on the prizes shall be fully borne by the winner.
20. Limitation of liability- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its parent company, affiliates, related corporations, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any damage, loss howsoever arising suffered by any Participant in this Audition.
24. Indemnity- To the maximum extent permitted by law, you undertake to indemnify and keep the Promoter and its parent company, affiliates, related corporations, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents harmless and indemnified against any loss, damage, claims, costs and expenses which may be incurred or suffered by any or each of them due to your breach of any of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising from your participation in the Audition and/or your use of any prize.
25. In the event of any dispute arising from the Audition or relating to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision of the Promoter on all matters pertaining to the Audition shall be final and binding on all parties. No correspondence will be entertained.
26. No cheating tolerated- You acknowledge and agree that no form of cheating will be tolerated. If you are found cheating, as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of the Promoter, you will immediately be disqualified from the Audition. Cheating includes, but is not limited to, counterfeiting invoices or receipts, using multiple identification numbers, tampering with, hacking of the Audition site (if any), participating in the Audition without meeting the eligibility requirements, using any automated software or device to gain an advantage during the Audition, use of the Audition beyond the defined rules of the Audition, attempting to disable or overwhelm any of the Promoter’s websites or the Audition site (if any), attempting to disrupt any portion of the Audition, including but not limited to, allowing somebody else to use your personal information, or tampering with the entry process.
27. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify without prior notice any Participant found to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Competition, to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
28. No waiver- The Promoter’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision.
29. Modification of these Terms and Conditions, etc. The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice and to amend or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time with or without notice.
30. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment howsoever incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition, not being able to enter into the Competition or accepting or not accepting any prize.
31. All information is correct at the time of publishing. In the event of any inaccuracy or any discrepancy between the print and online versions, the online version shall prevail over the print version.
32. Severability- Each of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply to the maximum extent permitted by the Applicable Law. If a court holds any provision of these Terms and Conditions to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the rest of these Terms and Conditions will remain in effect and these Terms and Conditions will be amended to give effect to the eliminated provision to the maximum extent possible.
33. Applicable Law- The Auditions and TV Show shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Nigeria.