Kenya Airways Recruitment for Security Officer (Western Region)
Kenya Airways Recruitment for Security Officer (Western Region) – Kenya Airways is recruiting to fill the position of: Security Officer – Western Region. The position is located in Lagos State. Interested candidates should possess a University degree or relevant professional qualification with at least 5 years work experience.
Kenya Airways, a member of the Sky Team Alliance, is a leading African airline flying to 51 destinations worldwide, 43 of which are in Africa and carries over three million passengers annually. It continues to modernize its fleet with its 32 aircrafts being some of the youngest in Africa. This includes its flagship B787 Dreamliner aircrafts.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Officer – Western Region
Job: Legal, Compliance & Regulation.Supervisory & Technical
Shift: Regular/Non-Shift Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Level: Team Leader
Role Purpose Statement
- Fully implement and enforce security systems and procedures to ensure safe and secure environment for business operations at Kisumu, Eldoret Airport and off airport locations.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Proactively manage and control security operations at Kisumu to ensure security of arrival and departure of KQ and Customer flight.
- Implement security deployment plan at Kisumu to ensure secure coverage of all critical area based on the emerging trends.
- Provide necessary tools and create conducive environment to ensure safe and secure handling and transportation/carriage of security items on KQ and customer flights.
- Analyze theft, pilferage and loss of baggage trends and develop security counter-measures to ensure security of company, customer and staff property.
- Collect and disseminate intelligence information to ensure prevention and detection of crimes.
- Coordinate with contracted security service providers at the airport and off airport sites for effective coverage to ensure protection of property not directly under KQ security’s watch.
- Review and operate efficient shift system with adequate staff rest to ensure a motivated and alert team.
- Consistently discuss with security operational staff, review their performance to create conducive working environment.
- Provide on job training to KQ security staff and contracted security to ensure that they meet the KQ standards.
- Ensure that all staff attend mandatory training when due as per the security training matrix.
- Liaise with other security agencies at Kisumu to ensure quick resolutions to any issues affecting KQ operations.
- Liaise with other KQ business areas/departments undertaking security functions to ensure secure operations.
- Guide, advice and direct the operational staff in the course of their operations to ensure that they are complying with regulatory requirements.
- Proactively conduct self-tests, inspections and surveys to ensure that security operations comply with Company security programme.
- In consultation with Manager develop standard operating procedures for security staff in Kisumu and ensure its full implementation.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- University degree or relevant professional qualification
- 5 years of relevant experience, 3 of which must be as a Security Team Leader
- Organizational, planning and analytical skills
- IT proficiency
- Knowledge of Criminal Procedure, Penal Code, and Evidence Act
- Knowledge of Aviation Security issues and Airport Security Services
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal Skills.
Application Closing Date
9:59:00 PM- 18th January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online