Insurance Companies in Nigeria – Problems & Prospects
Insurance Companies in Nigeria – Problems & Prospects. Challenges Facing Insurance Companies… Insurance Companies provide coverage in form of compensation due to financial loss, damages, injury, treatment, or hardship.
Table of Contents
- 1 Insurance Companies in Nigeria – Problems & Prospects
- 2 See the Problems of Insurance Companies in Nigeria
The insurance companies in Nigeria are facing lots of challenges and this has affected the growth and popularity of insurance.
Below are some of the major challenges insurance companies are facing in Nigeria:
Lack of skilled personnel:
Many insurance companies in Nigeria lack skilled personnel due to the fact that the salary is unattractive for a skilled professional and the discontinuation of seminars and programs meant to train the employees.
The insurance companies are not able to meet up with cooperate objectives, due to the unavailability of skilled personnel.
- Npower 2018 Recruitment
- Nigerian Airforce 2018 Recruitment
- Nigerian Navy 2018 recruitment
- Nigerian Army 2018 Recruitment
- Nddc 2018 Recruitment
- MTN Nigeria 2018 Recruitment
- Nigerian Prisons 2018 Recruitment
- Nigerian immigration service 2018 Recruitment
- Nigeria Customs 2018 Recruitment
- Nigeria Police 2018 Recruitment
- DSS 2018 recruitment
- NAFDAC 2018 Recruitment
- FRSC 2018 Recruitment
- Dangote 2018 Recruitment
- Shell 2018 Recruitment
Lack of Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure:
Most insurance companies in Nigeria have not upgraded from the manual system of operation, which is reason for poor documentation system which has led to fraudulent practices, delay in service, errors and mistakes.
This is why the statistics of insurance companies are not always ready on time and the Nigerian insurance industry regulatory body (NAICOM) has failed to enforce that all insurance companies adopt the use of automated system.
Poor Risk Management:
The insurance companies lack plans on how to manage risks associated with the company. Another reason for the poor management system is low level of implementation of NAICOM’s Enterprise Risk Management framework because of inadequate capital, lack of Information Technology (IT) facilities.
Hot Vacancies in Nigeria You Can’t Miss.
- Federal Government Recruitment 2018;
- EFCC Recruitment;
- NPower Recruitment;
- NIA Jobs in Nigeria;
- DPR Recruitment;
- NNPC Recruitment;
- Total Nigeria Recruitment;
- Nigerian Airforce Recruitment;
- Nigerian Police Recruitment;
- Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment;
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment;
- Federal Road Safety Recruitment 2018;
- Federal Inland Revenue Recruitment 2018;
- Nigerian Custom Service Recruitment;
- Oil and Gas Jobs in Nigeria;
- Top Companies in Nigeria that are Recruiting Massive Intake this Month;
- ICRC Jobs in Nigeria;
- How to Apply for SSS and DSS Recruitment in Nigeria;
Poor Market Concentration:
The insurance company is not popular among the people. It is only a few who knows and understand the need of an insurance company and due to this fact; the company has limited contribution to the country’s GDP.
Few other reasons why the insurance companies are not known because of no advertisement, unattractive packages and increased poverty rate.
Lack of Innovation:
The insurance companies are unable to develop products that meet and satisfy the customer’s need. Also the process of obtaining approval for development hinders innovation.
The insurance companies are not popular among the masses and it is misunderstood because of lack of trust, which is the basis for a social-business relationship.
List of Top 11 government job vacancies
- Federal Civil Service 2018/2019 Recruitment
- NEITI Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Registration Form
- NAIC Recruitment 2018/2019 Registration Form
- Code of Conduct Bureau Recruitment 2018/2019 Registration Form
- CPC Recruitment 2018/2019 Registration Form www.cpc.gov.ng
- Rivers State Civil Service Recruitment 2018/2019 Form | Apply 20 Positions
- NNPC Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Registration Form | Registration Guide
- NHIS Recruitment 2018/19 Application Registration Form
- Zenith Bank Recruitment 2018/2019 for Graduate Trainee and Non-Graduates
- INEC Adhoc Recruitment 2018/2019
- CBN Recruitment 2018/19 | cbn.gov.ng | Apply Central Bank of Nigeria Job Vacancy
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends