Federal University of Technology Akure Vacancy for the Position of Bursar
Federal University of Technology Akure Vacancy for the Position of Bursar. Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) is now accepting applications for the position of Bursar
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of Bursar in The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA).
The Candidate for the post shall be visionary, a person of high integrity and moral character with excellent interpersonal relations. He/she must be able to instil confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people. He/she must fully understand the complexity of the University system and must be able to effectively utilize its human resources to attain a world class financial system. He/she must enjoy good physical and mental health and must be ICT compliant. In addition, he/she must be able to provide good professional leadership and on-the-job proficiency training to the Bursary staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Bursar shall be the Chief Financial Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day financial administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- possess a good honours degree (at least Second Class Lower Division) preferably in Accounting, Economics, Financial Management or any other related field or related subjects from recognised tertiary institutions;
- possess professionally recognized Accountancy qualifications, e.g. ICAN, ACMA, ACA, ANAN, CPA, ACCA, CNA. Possession of a higher degree will be an added advantage;
- the candidate should have at least fifteen (15) years’ post-honours degree and ten (10) years’ post-professional qualification experience. In addition, the candidate must be holding the position of Deputy Bursar in a University or equivalent in a comparable institution, with at least three years in the post;
- be computer literate and must be conversant with accounting and auditing software,
- be free from financial embarrassment and enjoy good physical and mental health, and
- be below the age of 60 years at the point of assumption of duty.
The appointment shall be for a single term of five (5) years and may be extended for a further period of one year only, provided he or she has not attained retirement age as at the date the six years would lapse. The appointment is governed by the provisions of the University Act and Federal Government Establishment circulars as may be adopted by the Governing Council from time to time.
The successful candidate will be entitled to the salary and other conditions of service as are applicable to the Bursar in any Federal University in Nigeria.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants are requested to note and comply with the following conditions:
- Visit the University website (www.futa.edu.ng) for detailed format of the curriculum vitae;
- Each application should be accompanied by 25 copies of the candidate’s detailed “Curriculum Vitae” duly signed and dated by the candidate. The Curriculum Vitae must contain the candidate’s name in full, place and date of birth, marital status, number and ages of children, nationality, academic qualifications – degrees with classes (copies of certificates to be enclosed), teaching, research, administrative and managerial experience, academic distinctions, membership of academic and professional bodies;
- A statement of the candidate’s own vision for The Federal University of Technology, Akure as a University of the 21st century (25 copies);
- A candidate must nominate (3) referees who MUST forward references on him/her directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council; such references should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims to high academic and managerial capability as well as his//her moral standing; such references must be received and signed for in the Office of the Registrar on or before 15th March, 2019; and
- All short-listed candidates shall be required to make themselves available for interaction at an appointed date.
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover, in envelopes marked at the Upper Left Hand Corner “Post of Bursar, FUTA”, to reach the Registrar and Secretary to Council, Federal University of Technology, P.M.B. 704, Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria, not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication, that is, Friday, 15th March, 2019.
CANDIDATES SHOULD PLEASE NOTE THAT :
- -ONLY THOSE SHORTLISTED WILL BE CONTACTED.
- -NO ELECTRONIC APPLICATION WILL BE ENTERTAINED.