Federal Government Declares Holidays
Federal Government Declares Holidays. The Federal Government has declared Friday, February 22, as public holiday, in preparation for the February 23 presidential and National Assembly elections.
The ministry of interior via a statement on Wednesday, however, excluded bankers and those offering essential services across the nation.
“The Federal Government declares Friday, February 22, 2019 as work-free day. Those providing essential duties and bankers are excluded,” the statement said.
- BREAKING: Buhari Finally Speaks on Alleged “Plot to Islamise Nigeria”
- BREAKING: Fresh Herdsmen Attack in Benue, Many Declared Missing
- Nigeria Decides: APC Dares Buhari on Conditions to Accept Defeat
- Nigeria DECIDES 2019: Why I Defected to APC – PDP Chairman Speaks After Meeting Buhari
- House of Reps Candidate Arrested 48 Hours to Election
- Buhari vs Atiku 2019: ASUU Tells Lecturers, Students What To Do
- Nigeria Decides: INEC Voting Eligibility Against 2019 Elections
- Nigeria Election: Things Voters Mustn’t Do At Polling Unit – INEC
- BREAKING: PDP Chairman Meets Buhari, Decamps to APC
“The work-free day is to enable citizens return to their polling units for the rescheduled Presidential and National Assembly elections.
“Security agencies have been directed to ensure safety of lives and property before, during and after the general elections.”