European Youth Award #EYA Contest 2019
European Youth Award Contest 2019 for Digital Creativity Improving Society – Submissions are open for the European Youth Award (contest), EYA’s flagship initiative. It is a European-wide contest to motivate young people, social entrepreneurs, and start-ups to produce digital projects having an impact on society. EYA contest 2019.
EYA demonstrates their potential to create innovative solutions with Internet and Mobile technology addressing the goals defined by the Council of Europe and Europe 2020 as well as the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The annual winners event (EYA Festival) is a unique event combining knowledge – innovation – networking – inspiration – motivation taking place in Graz at the end of November. It is a public event and everybody is welcome to join.
European Youth Award Contest 2019 Categories.
EYA is seeking and rewarding the most creative digital projects (egs. websites, apps, wearable devices, games, IoT, smart things or digital installations). Projects have to be submitted in one (!) the following nine categories.
- Fostering Health
- Smart Learning
- Connecting Cultures
- Planet Friendly
- Active Citizenship
- Sustainable Economics
- Managing Life
- Open Innovation
- Future Europe
European Youth Award Contest 2019 Eligibility.
People who fulfill the following criteria are eligible to participate in the competition:
- any entrepreneur, company team, student group or project team, where at least one of the founding members and the majority of the team is under the age of 33 (born on or after January 1, 1986)
- living in one of the member states of the European Union, Council of Europe, or Union for the Mediterranean, Belarus or Kosovo
- 59 eligible countries: Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mauritania, Republic of Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Palestine, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
- who have produced an outstanding, innovative digital project to improve society (ex. website, app, wearable device, digital installation)
- and submitted it to the EYA database until July 31 (submission open from March on)
- in one of the EYA categories above,
- living in one of the member states of the Council of Europe or the Union for the Mediterranean, Belarus, Kosovo or Syria.
EYA Contest 2019 Eligible Projects.
- For EYA any digital project can be submitted. This contains all mobile and web-based applications, such as: apps, webpages, applications for wearables, kiosk installations, sms based products, mobile games and interactive mobile productions. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- The submitted digital project, product or application must be functional and operational at the time of submission. It has to be (at least) in a prototype or beta-version stage.
- All submitted products must have been completed after Jan. 1, 2018. For a project or product completed earlier, the submitters have to document significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions have been made in the period thereafter.
- A product can only be submitted for one category. In case of multiple submissions by the same team, each product requires a separate registration. Submissions which have been submitted in the EYA in previous years cannot be submitted again. For a project which has been already submitted before, the submitters have to document significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions.
CHECK THIS OUT: ACU Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2019.
EYA Contest 2019 Rules.
- The European Youth Award (EYA) looks for digital projects that have a strong impact on society in one of the 9 EYA categories. EYA focusses on different evaluation criteria which can be found here.
- By submission of a project, applicants accept the rules of the EYA contests as stated on this page.
- All submitters to the EYA have to abide by the rules and regulations mentioned in the UN Declaration on Human Rights. Submissions therefore which encourage war, the exercise of violence, fraud, racism or discrimination will not be accepted and eliminated. Similarly, submissions that violate international copyright provisions will be excluded.
- EYA cannot be held liable for accepted submissions and their contents and rights.
The European Youth Award Contest Application Deadline is July 31, 2019.
How to Apply for EYA Contest 2019.
- Registration, including submitting project information, must be completed online via the EYA contest database in coordination with the communicated EYA call deadline.
- Projects can also be nominated by an EYA Ambassador or former EYA Winners. Nominated projects can be directly sent to online jury round 2 (upon discretion of the nominator).
- Submitting a product to the evaluation and selection process does by no means entitle a producer to any benefits. There is no way of challenging this decision legally.
- Only submitted and fully filled in applications will be considered by the EYA Jury.
- Submission is free of charge.