ENI Energy Young Talents Debut in Research Prize Awards 2019
ENI Energy Young Talents Debut in Research Prize Awards 2019 – Applications are invited from holders of master’s degree, post graduate diploma or any equivalent academic qualification for the Eni Award 2019 – Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa Prize. The deadline for presentation of the candidatures is 14th December, 2018.
Table of Contents
- 1 ENI Energy Young Talents Debut in Research Prize Awards 2019.
- 2 About ENI Energy.
- 3 ENI Energy Young Talents Debut in Research Prize Awards 2019 Benefits.
- 4 ENI Energy Young Talents Debut in Research Prize Awards 2019 Eligibility & Requirements.
- 5 How to Apply for ENI Energy Young Talents Debut in Research Prize Awards 2019.
- 6 CHECK OUT THESE SCHOLARSHIPS:
Eni, one of the most important, vertically integrated energy companies in the world invites candidates for the 2019 Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa Prize. The purpose of award is to help new generations of African researchers to emerge, offering them the opportunity to attend a PhD course in cooperation with prestigious Italian universities and research institutes and supporting their research and innovation on the various scientific topics promoted by Eni Award.
About ENI Energy.
Eni is one of the most important, vertically integrated energy companies in the world. It operates in the oil, natural gas, electricity production, engineering, construction and petrochemical products sectors. It is constantly working to build a future where everyone can access energy resources efficiently and sustainably.
Eni is also involved in several scientific research projects on renewable energies, particularly in the major areas of biofuels and solar energy. Operating in about eighty-five countries in a responsible way towards its stakeholders, Eni invests in people and their empowerment, and it takes part to development through the integration of social, environmental and cultural issues in the growth process, in full respect of rights and diversities. From 2008 Eni has been offering the Eni Award, aimed to promote and award research and technological innovation in the fields of energy and the environment.
The Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa Prize constitutes one of the six sections of the Eni Award, composed by the Energy Transition, Energy Frontiers, Advanced Environmental Solutions and the Young Researcher of the Year Prizes, together with the Recognition at Innovation Eni.
The purpose of the Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa Prize is to help new generations of African researchers to emerge, offering them the opportunity to attend a PhD course in cooperation with prestigious Italian universities and research institutes and supporting their research and innovation on the various scientific topics promoted by Eni Award.
ENI Energy Young Talents Debut in Research Prize Awards 2019 Benefits.
- Each of the two winners will be awarded with a customized plaque and a scholarship for the attendance of a 3 years PhD course to be conducted in Italy, in an Italian university or research institute with a solid reputation on the above-mentioned topics. Where authorized within the PhD course framework, it will be possible to carry out a research period outside Italy. It will be also allowed to propose a non-Italian thesis advisor, collaborating with the Italian university or research institute hosting the student.
- The Prizes will be assigned to the winning candidates, proclaimed by the Organizing Committee within June 2019.
ENI Energy Young Talents Debut in Research Prize Awards 2019 Eligibility & Requirements.
- Candidates must own a Master’s degree or any equivalent – according to the European system – academic qualification, granting access to a PhD course in an Italian university. The theses must have been defended at an African University during the same year of the annual Official Announcement, or in the precedent year.
- The Prize is awarded to students born in or after the year 1988.
- The Prize is reserved to students graduated in an African university and of African citizenship, coming from one of the 58 African countries listed in the World Population Prospects: The 2015 Revision, compiled by the United Nations.
- The thesis and the curriculum vitae – which will prevail in the evaluation of the candidate – must be submitted together with a research proposal in connection with the Eni Award main topics and highlighting the potential benefits of the proposal in a country, in an African region or in the whole African continent. The main topics covered by the Eni Award are: action against water, air and land pollution, prevention of climate warming and pollution, rehabilitation and reuse of industrial sites; renewable energy and energy storage; innovative use of hydrocarbons and of the energy efficiency as a bridge to the decarbonisation of the energy system.
- The research proposal must explicit topics, methodologies and disciplinary areas suitable for the realization of the submitted project. The information provided by the candidate in the research proposal will be used in order to identify PhD courses as coherent as possible with it.
ENI Awards 2019 Eligible Countries:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
How to Apply for ENI Energy Young Talents Debut in Research Prize Awards 2019.
Applications for the Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa must be presented and guaranteed by Professors, Directors of Department, Faculty Deans and Chancellors of universities and polytechnic universities, or by researchers of research institutes operating in the specific – or similar – fields for which the Prize is awarded.
Self-candidatures will not be considered.
The deadline for the presentation of the candidatures to the Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa falls on December 14, 2018 before and no later than 5 p.m. CET – Central European Time. Please note that, after 5 p.m. CET of December 14, 2018, the Scientific Secretariat won’t create new accounts, in order to provide the most suitable assistance to the already registered Candidatures, within the deadline. Two weeks after the December 14 deadline, the Scientific Secretariat will provide the Candidates with formal confirmation, by email, for the acceptance of their Candidature.
The Candidature application forms are available on the website: www.eni.com/eniaward/eni-award- announcement-2019. and must be sent as follows:
- The Candidature Proposal, the Summary of the Thesis, the CV and the Research Proposal will have to be uploaded on the Eni Award Candidates private area. The access to the private area must be requested to the Eni Award Scientific Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) that will provide an account for the procedure.
- A copy of the Thesis in electronic form as well as possible recognitions, certificates, letters of reference, list of publications and the related publications must be sent by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com.
- The Candidate will have the possibility to provide a self-made video of no more than 3 minutes describing the main aspects and applications of his/her research proposal. Such presentations will be sent as indicated during the Candidature’s registration process and will be accepted in the following formats: .MOV, .MPEG4, .AVI, .FLV.
- Following the safe receipt of all the application’s documents, a file named Summary of the Candidature Proposal, containing the main data of the candidature and the Completion Code, will be provided to each candidate.
The aforesaid file must be duly checked and signed by the Candidate as well as by his/her Guarantor and sent to the Eni Award Scientific Secretariat by fax (+39 0248197724) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before and no later than the deadline defined by this Official Announcement.
- Shell Undergraduate 2017/2018 Scholarship Awards
- Shell (SPDC) Joint Venture University Scholarship Scheme 2018
- Amandus H. Lundqvist Scholarship At Eindhoven University Of Technology – Netherlands 2019
- Study In USA | Cornish College Academic Scholarship Program – Australia 2018
- Study In UK | Gates Cambridge International Scholarship
- Faculty Of Health & Social Sciences Executive Dean’s Scholarship – UK 2019
- King’s College London International Medicine Scholarship [Degree Program]
- Study In UK 2019: Apply SOAS International Excellence Scholarship
- IPOET Scholarship 2018 At Chalmers University Of Technology, Sweden
- Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2018
- Apply For 2019 WAAW Foundation Stem Scholarship
- Dora Plus Scholarship At Tallinn University – Estonia 2019
- University Entrance Scholarship At Concordia University Of Edmonton – Canada 2019
- Health Dean’s Scholarship At University Of Technology Sydney – Australia 2019
- Cultural Sustainability Scholarship At University Of Maiduguri – Nigeria 2019
- International Engineering Scholarship At University Of Huddersfield – UK 2019
- Alexander Leith Bagpipe & Drum Scholarship At University Of Otago – New Zealand 2019
- Study In UK | University Of Dundee 2019 Alumni Scholarship
- EY Scholarship At University Of Oxford – UK 2018
- Pathway Scholarship At Edith Cowan College | International Students – Australia 2019
- Pathway Scholarship At Edith Cowan College | International Students – Australia 2019
- Women Scholarship At Sydney Business School | University Of Wollongong – Australia 2019
- Sports & Arts 2019 Diploma Scholarship At Singapore Polytechnic
Kindly rebroadcast using the SHARE buttons below to inform others please