Egbin Power Plc Job Vacancy | Apply For Internal Audit Officer
Egbin Power Plc Job Vacancy | Apply For Internal Audit Officer. Internal Audit Officer needed at Egbin Power Plc. The position role includes, but is not limited to, assisting in preparing audit reports for management. The ideal candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any relevant course.
Job Title: Internal Audit Officer.
Job Location: Lagos.
- The auditor would evaluate how well risks are being managed, ensure adequacy of internal controls, compliance with business processes and the level of good governance in the businesses within Egbin Power Plc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in preparing audit reports for management
- Plans financial, regulatory, compliance and operational reviews/audits.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to internal Egbin policies.
- Researches for update on technical subjects required to support audits (e.g. Basel III, OSFI Guidelines, market risk, etc.)
- Assist in assessing the risks and internal controls of assigned business or functional areas in the required timeline.
- Partake in the audit of business processes, policies, systems, financials, operations, governance and HSSE.
- Conduct audit testing of specified areas and identify existing loopholes or control breaches for business process improvement
- Support the Head Internal Audit in investigating and reporting control breaches and other areas of improvement.
- Partake in the audit of business information technology and data management systems.
- Determine level of business compliance with policies, processes and existing systems.
- Discuss possible control issues with relevant staff so as to improve and add value to the system.
- Prepare draft audit work papers and reports for Line Manager’s review.
- Carry out spot checks and periodic inventory counts and reconciliation.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Head Internal Audit.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any relevant course
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. CIA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA).
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Ability to administer Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook in various situations
- Systems knowledge and familiarity, Sage x3 ERP preferably.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Excellent understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards
- Good investigative skills
- Organized and dependable
- Innovative and proficient
- A good team player
Application Deadline: Not Stated.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below: