Ecobank Fintech Challenge 2018 for African Start-ups2 min read
Ecobank Fintech Challenge 2018 for African Start-ups. Applications are open for the Ecobank Fintech Challenge 2018. Apply to one or more of the Fintech challenge areas to stand a chance of becoming an Ecobank Fintech Fellow, and partner Ecobank to get your solution to market.
Table of Contents
Ecobank Fintech Challenge 2018 for African Start-ups.
Ecobank Fintech Challenge is a pan-African innovation competition and start-up partnership offering by Ecobank. It is designed to inspire, support and partner African start-ups and developers, with an aim to facilitate the development of innovative “FinTech” and banking related solutions.
Teams are to submit applications addressing one or more of the following challenges
- Digital Onboarding/ Account Opening/ Know- Your-Customer Technology
- Digital Sales/Marketing
- Offline Mobile-to-Mobile Payments
- Multi-Channel Payments/Collect Ecosystems
- SME Intra-African Trade Platform
- Any other Fintech solution
Ecobank Fintech Challenge Eligibility Requirements:
- All African start-ups, and start-ups with solutions for Africa are eligible to apply to the fintech challenge
Ecobank Fintech Challenge Benefits:
- Competition Cash prizes: the three top winners at the Innovation Fair will be awarded $10,000, $7000, and $5000 cash prizes respectively.
- Multinational product roll out: once in a lifetime opportunity to launch products in Ecobank’s over 30 markets across Africa through strategic partnership.
- Service provider partnerships: start-ups may be selected by Ecobank as a pan-African service partner within Ecobank’s giant 36 country ecosystem.
- Mentoring and networking support: founders will be conferred as Ecobank Innovation Fellows for a period of one year, granting them access to networking and mentoring opportunities within the Ecobank Group and its vast network of global and African partners.
Ecobank Fintech Challenge Application.
You can enter more than one fintech solution in the competition. However each product or solution you apply with must be distinct. You should not submit two solutions in one application form. Each of your solutions/products must be entered as a separate application.
For more information, visit Ecobank Fintech Challenge.