Donald Trump launches New Attack on ‘Endless Media Hostility’
Donald Trump launches New Attack on ‘Endless Media Hostility’. Donald Trump has launched a fresh attack on the media’s “endless hostility”, hours after authorities intercepted bombs sent to a news network and prominent Democrats who have been the targets of some of his sharpest barbs.
LEARN HOW TO BOAST YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE
CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS
Table of Contents
The US president’s pleas for harmony came as officials scrambled to find the perpetrator of the thwarted bomb attacks against former President Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, CNN and others.
The scripted message was a dissonant one for the president, who has repeatedly blasted his political opponents as criminals and argued that they will destroy the country if they win control of Congress in the mid-terms.
Mr Trump has frequently labelled stories he doesn’t like as “fake news” and many reporters as “enemies of the people.” He has also denounced his political enemies in deeply personal terms and even described those who tried to thwart his second Supreme Court nominee as “evil.
He said: “The media also has a responsibly to set a civil tone and to stop the endless hostility and constant negative and oftentimes false attacks and stories.”
“We want all sides to come together in peace and harmony,” Mr Trump said at a campaign rally in Wisconsin. “Any acts or threats of political violence are an attack on our democracy itself.”
The president noted the unusually subdued tone of his remarks.
“By the way, do you see how nice I’m behaving tonight?” he said. “Have you ever seen this?”
Law enforcement authorities have given no motive for the mail bombs. But they have prompted immediate debate over whether increasingly personal and hard-edged rhetoric has contributed to a potentially dangerous political climate.
Trump critics have blamed him for the tone. The president did not take any responsibility.
Mr Trump spoke to thousands of supporters in a central Wisconsin rally as he looked to boost struggling Republican candidates less than two weeks out from the midterm elections. He visited the tiny city of Mosinee, which has a population of 4,000. He won that part of the state by double digits in 2016.
Republicans in the state have been growing increasingly nervous about the prospects of holding onto the governor’s office, held by Scott Walker, let alone state Sen. Leah Vukmir’s chances of picking up a US Senate seat held by a well-positioned Democratic incumbent.
Mindful of the news, Mr Trump refrained from delivering some of the most pointed riffs of his regular routine, including steering clear of two of his favourite targets: Mrs Clinton and California Rep. Maxine Waters, whose office appears to have been a target of one of the mail explosives.
Mr Trump also skipped his usual litany of insults against his potential 2020 rivals, including former Vice President Joe Biden, whom he often jokes he would be able to easily beat in a fistfight.
But he had harsh words for Democratic Sen. Tammy Baldwin, branding her Vukmir’s “radical far-left opponent” who “wants a socialist takeover of health care.”
“You know I’m trying to say that very nicely,” he told the crowd with a smile. “Normally I’d scream, ‘They want a socialist takeover!'” he said, mimicking his own bellicose delivery. “Now I say, ‘Wants a socialist takeover,'” he said, feigning a professorial tone. “I’m trying to be nice.”
And even though Mr Trump refrained from mentioning Mrs Clinton, his crowd couldn’t resist. They burst into a “Lock her up!” chant during the preshow before he arrived.
TRENDING JOB VACANCIES THIS WEEK!
- Npower 2018 Recruitment
- Nigerian Airforce 2018 Recruitment
- Nigerian Navy 2018 recruitment
- Nigerian Army 2018 Recruitment
- Nddc 2018 Recruitment
- MTN Nigeria 2018 Recruitment
- Nigerian Prisons 2018 Recruitment
- Nigerian immigration service 2018 Recruitment
- Nigeria Customs 2018 Recruitment
- Nigeria Police 2018 Recruitment
- DSS 2018 recruitment
- NAFDAC 2018 Recruitment
- INEC Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Registration Form
- Nestle Nigeria 2018 Recruitment
- Dangote 2018 Recruitment
- NDLEA Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Form Portal www.ndlea.gov.ng
- Unilorin Recruitment 2018/2019 Form | Apply Ongoing University of Ilorin Vacancies
- Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment Portal www.fedcivilservice.gov.ng
- Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2018/2019 Form Portal www.Prisons.gov.ng
- Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2018/2019 customs.gov.ng/jobs/joblistings.php
- First Bank Recruitment 2018/19 Form | 10 Vacant Positions Today
- Technology Distributions Limited 2018/2019 Latest Jobs | Apply Here
- Stresert Services Limited Recruitment 2018/2019 | Apply Here
- AB Microfinance Bank Recruitment 2018/2019 Form Portal www.ab-mfbnigeria.com
- Nigeria Top 100 Highest Paying Companies / Agencies [LIST]
Kindly rebroadcast using the SHARE buttons below to inform others please