Data4Change Nairobi Program for Civil Society Organizations 2019 (Funded)
Data4Change Nairobi Program for Civil Society Organizations 2019 – Applications are open for the Data4Change Nairobi Program for Civil Society Organisations 2019. DATA4CHANGE is a London-based non-profit that connects civil society with global creatives, supporting them to tell stories with data and forge real change.
A DATA4CHANGE flagship event is a five-day residential workshop with full immersion into the inner workings of a data visualisation studio. CSOs and NGOs working on some of the world’s most pressing social and political problems are matched with carefully selected teams of industry experts covering the disciplines of data analysis, journalism, graphic design, and web development. The program will run from May 30 – June 3, 2019 in Nairobi Garage, Nairobi, Kenya.
At the end of the event each team has a proof of concept or fully rendered prototype for a data driven advocacy campaign, and the wealth of immeasurable experience that comes along with spending five days together with a diverse and uniquely talented group of individuals.
You will use data to tell stories and change hearts and minds, and you will make long lasting memories and life-changing friendships.
Suggested thematic areas include, but are no means limited to:
- Censorship, shutdowns, obstacles to free access
- Innovation, free and open source software
- Privacy, surveillance, encryption
- Legislation and policy concerning the internet, press freedom, privacy, access
- Governance of the internet, net neutrality
- Protection and realisation of human rights online
Data4Change Nairobi Program for Civil Society Organizations 2019 Benefits.
- Full scholarship for you and a colleague to attend the workshop, including travel, accommodation, and in-country costs
- Experience working with talented industry professionals on a data driven project guided by you
- Learn how to tell stories with data
Data4Change Nairobi Program for Civil Society Organizations 2019 Eligibility.
- Open to CSOs working on themes relating to digital rights, internet freedom and/or freedom of expression online. Each participating organisation will be matched with a team of industry experts covering the disciplines of data analysis, journalism, graphic design, and web development.
- Your proposal must cover at least one of the following countries:
- East Africa – Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda
- Southern Africa – Angola, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Zimbabwe
- West Africa – Gambia, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone
- Middle East & Central Asia – Afghanistan, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Sudan
Method of Application.
Data4Change Nairobi Program for Civil Society Organizations 2019 Application Deadline: January 31, 2019.