Danish Refugee Council Recruitment 2018/19 Application Form & Guideline
Table of Contents
- 1 Danish Refugee Council Recruitment
- 2 Danish Refugee Council Recruitment Job Position
- 3 Danish Refugee Council Recruitment 2018 Requirements
- 4 Method of Application
The Danish Refugee Council Recruitment 2018 Jobs Vacancies is open for unemployed SSCE, OND, HND and BA/BSc holders to apply. The DRC is recruiting Graduates and non graduates into the following vacant position which is a major ongoing Recruitment.
Danish Refugee Council Recruitment Job Position
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Oversee the management of DRC non-food items (NFI) and where applicable food items (mostly in-kind donation) warehouse in Maiduguri, Borno state.
- The warehouse management procedure should be carried out within DRC warehouse and inventory management procedures while ensuring safety of supplies and personals at all times.
- The successful candidate will work within the logistics team and provide support to the Logistics Officer on all warehouse management procedures in compliance with Danish Refugee Council Recruitment 2018 guidelines.
Overall Warehouse Management:
- Responsible for the management of the warehouse, in compliance with DRC policies and guidelines
- Assess the availability of space and prepare stacking/storage plans prior to programming/contingency commodities arrivals
- Ensure that standard systems are properly maintained at all times within warehouse premises.
Stock and Inventory Management (Receiving and Dispatching goods):
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting of stocks, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are properly maintained.
- Supervise the receipt of all consignments and monitor the quantity and quality of commodity(ies) stored.
- Carry out regular physical random warehouse checks of commodities and inventory.
- Undertake all procedures and necessary steps for commodity disposal in line with organization compliance and local laws.
- Produce regular stocks reports and daily stocks positions and share with the Snr. Logistics Officer and Logistics and Procurement Manager
- Provide monthly stock reconciliation report (donor specific)
- Prepare loading plans and ensure that standard waybills are duly complete.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Provide technical backstopping to field teams in the event of sudden emergency.
- Report any irregularities that occur within the warehouse to the Logistics Officer.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director and Head of Support Services in line with DRC Operations Handbook
- At least 1-2 years’ work experience in field of warehouse and inventory management with an NGO or the commercial sector.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications (MS Excel and Word)
- Training in warehousing and inventory management. Further studies particularly in logistics accounting procedures, business or computer related.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages is desirable (Hausa)
- Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Programme staff
- Human Resources
- Procurement and Logistics.
- Log sector and PU.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should visit the Danish Refugee Council Recruitment portal to apply https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=151037&uiculture=eng&MediaId=5
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted applicants for Danish Refugee Council Recruitment 2018 will be invited for written test and oral interview.