Civil Defence Recruitment Portal 2019 and Important Update
Civil Defence Recruitment Portal 2019 and Important Update: Nigeria Security and Civil Defence corps (NSCDC) is a para-military institution that was formed on May 1967 by the Federal Republic of Nigeria, with the act of National Assembly (Nigeria).
The act was amended in 2007, to foster the constitutional duties of the corp. Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps is a para-military agency of the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that is specially made to offer measures against threat and any form of attack or disaster against the nation and its citizenry. The corps is statutorily empowered by lay Act No. 2 of 2003 and amended by Act 6 of 4th June 2007.
The Corps is authorized to provides legal procedure by or in then and of the Attorney General of the Federation in harmony with the provisions of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria against any person or persons suspected to have committed an offence, uphold an armed squad in order to bear fire arms among others to strengthen the corps in the discharge of its statutory duties
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps was first came into existence in May 1967 during the Nigerian Civil War within the then Federal Capital Territory of Lagos for the purpose of sensitization and protection of the civil populace. It was then known as Lagos Civil Defence Committee.
Later on, it changed into the current day Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps in 1970. When first introduced, the Corps had the goal and objective of carrying out some educational and enlightenment campaigns in and around the Federal Capital of Lagos to alert members of the civil populace on enemy attacks and how to save themselves from danger as most Nigerians living in and around Lagos territory then had little or no knowledge about war and its implications.
Members of the Committee deemed it important to educate through electronic and print media on how to guide themselves during air raids, bomb attacks, identify bombs and how to dive into trenches during bomb blast.
Nigeria Civil Defence Recruitment 2019
Recruitment to the Nigerian civil defense takes place every year. Hence, you’d need to always stay updated so as to never miss out whenever the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDS), begins its recruitment process but for now the Nigerian civil defense is not recruiting anyone and so there’s no portal for now, maybe in the course of time they will
NSCDC 2019 Recruitment General Requirements
- Applicants must be of Nigerian Nationality either by nationalization or by birth.
- Applicants must not be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.7 meters tall while female applicants must not be lower than 1.64 meters in height.
- Applicants must be fully and medically fit and must not be suffering from any medical conditions related to sight, hearing, stammering, flat foot, tattoos, etc. Furthermore, applicants have never undergone a major orthopedic surgery.
- In addition, applicants must be able to provide adequate good health.
How to Apply for Nigeria Civil Defence 2019 Recruitment
As soon as the registration commences, this is how you’ll be able to apply online.
- Visit NSCDS using the official website: gov.ng or recruitment portal: nscdc.gov.ng/nscdc-careers/
- Afterwards, click on the register link.
- Fill all the online forms you’re provided with and review to avoid any errors. Thereafter, submit your application.
- Print out all the forms you’re provided with, as proof of registration.
- Fill all the forms that need offline completion.