China Reportedly Carried Out A Hardware Hack On Apple and Amazon
China Reportedly Carried Out A Hardware Hack On Apple and Amazon. Data center hardware used by Apple and Amazon may have been fitted with surveillance micro-chips by Chinese server company Super Micro, claims Bloomberg in a new report. Almost 30 US companies reportedly fell prey to the “attack,” with the chips used to snatch intellectual property and trade secrets, according to Bloomberg’s anonymous government and corporate sources. Apple has flat-out denied the allegations, claiming that it did not find the chips, while Amazon said it had “found no evidence to support claims of malicious chips or hardware modifications.” As for Super Micro, it denied that it introduced the chips during the manufacturing phase.
LET PEOPLE HAVE A CLUE OF WHAT YOU DO, CLICK HERE TO SHOWCASE YOU BUSINESS
Table of Contents
Apple has flat-out denied the allegations, claiming that it did not find the chips, while Amazon said it had “found no evidence to support claims of malicious chips or hardware modifications.” As for Super Micro, it denied that it introduced the chips during the manufacturing phase. And China’s foreign ministry has said that the country “is a resolute defender of cybersecurity.”
That just leaves Bloomberg, which claims the issue was first discovered by Apple in May, 2015 and quietly reported to the FBI. Later, Amazon independently found the chip and also informed US authorities. Apple reportedly severed ties with Super Micro in 2016. A follow-up investigation was then conducted, which reportedly remains open to this day. Apple and Amazon, however, both deny working with the FBI on a top-secret probe. The report lays the blame for the so-called “hardware hack” squarely at the feet of China’s regime.
TRENDING JOB VACANCIES THIS WEEK!
- Npower 2018 Recruitment
- Nigerian Airforce 2018 Recruitment
- Nigerian Navy 2018 recruitment
- Nigerian Army 2018 Recruitment
- Nddc 2018 Recruitment
- MTN Nigeria 2018 Recruitment
- Nigerian Prisons 2018 Recruitment
- Nigerian immigration service 2018 Recruitment
- Nigeria Customs 2018 Recruitment
- Nigeria Police 2018 Recruitment
- DSS 2018 recruitment
- NAFDAC 2018 Recruitment
- INEC Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Registration Form
- Nestle Nigeria 2018 Recruitment
- Dangote 2018 Recruitment
Apple — which tends to refrain from issuing direct responses to specific reports — has taken the unorthodox step of categorically denying Bloomberg‘s revelations. “Over the course of the past year, Bloomberg has contacted us multiple times with claims …of an alleged security incident at Apple,” the company said in an emailed statement to Bloomberg. “We have repeatedly and consistently offered factual responses, on the record, refuting virtually every aspect of Bloomberg‘s story relating to Apple.
“On this we can be very clear: Apple has never found malicious chips, “hardware manipulations” or vulnerabilities purposely planted in any server. Apple never had any contact with the FBI or any other agency about such an incident. We are not aware of any investigation by the FBI, nor are our contacts in law enforcement.”
- NDLEA Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Form Portal www.ndlea.gov.ng
- Unilorin Recruitment 2018/2019 Form | Apply Ongoing University of Ilorin Vacancies
- Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment Portal www.fedcivilservice.gov.ng
- Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2018/2019 Form Portal www.Prisons.gov.ng
- Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2018/2019 customs.gov.ng/jobs/joblistings.php
- First Bank Recruitment 2018/19 Form | 10 Vacant Positions Today
- Technology Distributions Limited 2018/2019 Latest Jobs | Apply Here
- Stresert Services Limited Recruitment 2018/2019 | Apply Here
- AB Microfinance Bank Recruitment 2018/2019 Form Portal www.ab-mfbnigeria.com
- Nigeria Top 100 Highest Paying Companies / Agencies [LIST]
This isn’t the first time a Chinese company has come under fire for surveillance in the US. Earlier this year, Donald Trump signed an act banning government personnel from using Huawei and ZTE devices, following years of concerns over the companies’ ties to China’s government.
Kindly use the SHARE buttons below to inform others please