Chief Olatunde Abudu Primary Schools 2018/2019 Essay Competition
Chief Olatunde Abudu Primary Schools 2018/2019 Essay Competition (Maiden Edition). Entries are invited from primary school children in Primary 5 and Primary 6 between 8 – 11 years of age to the Chief Olatunde Abudu Primary Schools Essay Competition (COAPSEC) – Maiden edition. The deadline for submission of entries is 31st January, 2018.
Table of Contents
- 1 Chief Olatunde Abudu Primary Schools 2018/2019 Essay Competition
Chief Olatunde Abudu, OFR, is a lawyer, industrialist and philanthropist committed to promoting educational “standards of excellence equitable to the best in the world.” Chief Abudu is keen to encourage children of all ages to voice their ideas about how to address national and global challenges. There are already many essay competitions for secondary school children, and Chief Abudu believes that it is not too early to engage children in primary schools & The Chief Olatunde Abudu Primary Schools Essay Competition (COAPSEC) is his way of inviting young voices to join the conversation.
- The theme for the Maiden Edition of COAPSEC is ‘AGAINST ALL ODDS: NIGERIA IN FULL BLOOM’. In the midst of all the negativity surrounding Nigeria today, do you think it is possible to build a Nigeria where we can all live happy and peaceful lives? Can you dream of a better future for Nigeria? Is it possible for Nigerians to enjoy the prosperity that will come when we manage our resources properly?
It is expected that you will think along the following lines:
- What does a happy and bright future for our nation look like?
- If you were to be President of this country, or Governor of your state, what would you do to create a better country for young people?
- All entrants will receive a certificate of participation.
- The first prize winner will receive a cash prize of N250,000.
- The second prize winner will receive a cash prize of N175,000.
- The third prize winner will receive a cash prize of N125,000.
- The coordinating teacher from each school whose student wins a prize will also receive a prize!
- This competition is open to primary school children in Primary 5 and Primary 6 between 8 – 11 years of age.
- All entries must be in English.
- Entries must be entirely the work of the Entrant.
- Entrants may present their work in a format that best conveys their message. This could be an essay, a story, a poem, a letter or a diary entry.
- The maximum number of words allowed in 750. This does not include the title.
- All entries must be hand written.
- Entries sent by email should be scanned.
- The entry form must be completed with all necessary information.
- All entries must be accompanied by a photocopy of original birth certificate or a photocopy of the entrant’s international passport data page.
- All entries must be submitted through the entrant’s school.
- Entrants may not submit more than one entry.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should submit their Essay and completed Application Form to: [email protected].
Entry for the 2018/19 Competition begins on Friday 7th September, 2018 and closes at midnight on January 31st 2019. Results will be announced in February, while the Awards Ceremony will hold on Thursday 14th March, 2019.
Inform others with just a click on the SHARE buttons below;