Chaplain at Nigerian Navy – DSSC Course 26
Chaplain at Nigerian Navy – DSSC Course 26. The Nigerian Navy – invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy through the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 26 through the under-listed position below:
Job Title: Chaplain
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
- Catholic Mission.
- Protestant Mission.
- Applicants must have completed 2 years apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry and be recommended from the pastoral missions. In addition to qualifications required, applicants must be of male gender and duly ordained clergy of their respective Christian faith.
General Information To Candidates
- Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
- Applicants who obtained credentials from foreign institutions should ensure the certificates are authenticated by the Federal Ministry of Education.
- All applicants must be single.
- All applicants must present O’level West African Examination Certificate (WAEC), in addition to any other results such as NECO. Credit in Mathematics and English is compulsory.
- NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC is compulsory for the whole process.
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 metres tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 metres tall.
- Applicants should should not be more than 30 years of age by 28 February 2019.
- Serving personnel, Soldier/Rating/Airman, and other paramilitary services personnel must obtain a letter of attestation duly signed by the heads of their units.
- Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date and time of the Aptitude Test will be communicated via this website.
- Applicants are to choose any of the following centres for the qualifying aptitude test:
- Army Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks, Abuja.
- Command Day Secondary School, Lungi Barracks, Abuja.
- Bauchi – Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
- Owerrinta – Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics College, Owerrinta, Imo State.
- Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
- Navy Town Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
- Port-Harcourt – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
- Sokoto – Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks, Sokoto.
- Applicants are to come along to the Aptitude Test Centres with the following:
- Photocopies of Degree and NYSC Discharge Certificate.
- Parents/Guardian Consent Form.
- Acknowledgement Form.
- Applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply here online: http://nnr.azurewebsites.net/Account/Register
Note: On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click ‘SUBMIT’ on the portal and generate the applicant’s Transaction ID. Applicants are advised to print out a copy of the ‘Application Summary’. For technical support, call 08062090473 and 08033063694 or email [email protected] between 0800 and 1700 hours only.