Apply Center for Civilians in Conflict Recruitment 2018/2019 Form For Researcher
Apply Center for Civilians in Conflict Recruitment 2018/2019 Form For Researcher. Center for Civilians in Conflict Job Recruitment For Researcher… In this article you will surely get latest updates on Center for Civilians in Conflict 2018 recruitment requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates.
Table of Contents
- 1 Center for Civilians in Conflict Recruitment 2018/2019 Form For Researcher
- 2 Center for Civilians in Conflict Recruitment
- 3 How to Apply Center for Civilians in Conflict Recruitment 2018/2019 Form For Researcher
Center for Civilians in Conflict’s mission is to improve protection for civilians caught in conflicts around the world. We call on and advise international organizations, governments, militaries, and armed non-state actors to adopt and implement policies, tools, and training to prevent civilian harm. When civilians are harmed we advocate for the provision of amends and post-harm assistance. We bring the voices of civilians themselves to those making decisions affecting their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Researcher
Job type: Full-time
Reporting to: Country Director
- The researcher will be a highly valued member of CIVIC’s Nigeria Team and will be responsible for the design, implementation, oversight of field research as well as drafting research reports aimed at gaining civilian and security forces perspectives on conflicts.
- Oversees the design and implementation of CIVIC’s research efforts
Under the direction of the Country Director, is responsible for the following:
- In close coordination with CIVIC’s Nigeria Team in Abuja and Maiduguri, provide overall research support for all Nigeria Team research efforts;
- Lead the design of CIVIC’s research initiatives, including the use of particular methods, sampling/selection of interviewees, development of questionnaires and interview guides, field testing questionnaires and interview guides (as appropriate) Recommend priorities for budgeted funds given program-specific objectives and progress toward results;
- Ensure research is designed to be conflict sensitive, socially inclusive, mainstream gender and adhere to ethical standards, including safety and security of researchers and respondents;
- Integrate thinking through advocacy and influencing methods and strategies into research design;
- Explore creative ways of presenting research findings and integrate into the design process
- Advise on potential use of quantitative methods, including surveys to advance research aims;
- Contribute to identification of additional research topics that are pertinent to protection of civilians;
- When needed, develop scopes of work and support the hiring of consultants for additional research need
- Ensure timely submission of program deliverables.
- Conduct desk studies of existing reporting and research to identify areas key gaps and to help guide CIVIC’s data collection;
- Lead CIVIC’s research, with a focus on gaining perspectives of civilians on how they are affected by conflict;
- Conduct alone, and at times with team members, key informant interviews, focus group discussions and other qualitative approaches to research;
- Conduct and oversee data collection involving quantitative methods if deemed suitable;
- Travel to conflict areas to engage with civilians, security service providers, and civil society;
- Conduct interviews in a manner that ensures the safety of all interviewees and researchers;
- In close coordination with Country Director, oversee research efforts provided by consultants and partnership with research institutions.
Drafting Reports and Advocacy:
- Transcribe and synthesize findings from research while maintaining maximum objectivity;
- Develop high-quality papers, research reports, policy briefs and creative outputs based upon research findings;
- Along with country director, brief government officials, civil society representatives, communities, and diplomatic community on research findings;
- In close coordination with the Country Director and MEL team, ensure data is collected and reported for CIVIC’s internal learning as well as donor reporting;
- Develop pragmatic recommendations for communities, security forces, government, civil society, and diplomatic actors;
- Contribute to the drafting and review of internal and external reporting for accuracy and consistency.
- 5+ years experience and a successful track record of designing, conducting and publishing research on conflict issues;
- Experience forming and leading research teams in Nigeria, preferably in the northeast;
- Proven experience conducting qualitative research, including key informant interviews, focus groups discussion, and other methods;
- Experience conducing mixed method research, including qualitative and quantitative research;
- Experience interviewing, and engaging with, survivors of violence, including the use of ethical research protocols;
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing research studies that examine dynamics around age, gender, disability and other social characteristics and include and highlight the voices and experiences of those often marginalized such as women, people with disabilities and young people
- Understanding of and experience in conflict sensitive research methodologies
- Knowledge of conflict, political and civilian protection dynamics in northeast Nigeria preferred
- Demonstrable objectivity and rigor in prior research efforts;
- Proven ability to synthesize large amounts of data, identify areas of agreement and disagreement, and develop research findings;
- Demonstrated experience making practical, and implementable, policy and programmatic recommendations based on research findings;
- Demonstrable ability to draft reports, policy briefings and papers in an accessible style
- An understanding of conflict prevention, conflict mitigation and protection of civilians preferred;
- Poise, flexibility and mature judgment to engage professionally in stressful and conflict-affected environments;
- Be comfortable working independently and with teams to drive organizational results;
- Creative thinker with the ability to develop new research issues;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, and fast-growing, organization.
- Travel: Up to 50% required (domestic, principally in conflict areas in the northeast).
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online here https://civiliansinconflict.org/join-our-team/co/africa/96.A0E/researcher-nigeria/all/?coref=1.11.p0A_019
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about Center for Civilians in Conflict Recruitment 2018, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.