Apply Ongoing British American Tobacco Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018
Apply Ongoing British American Tobacco Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018. British American Tobacco Nigeria is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates for immediate employment into the following positions below;
Table of Contents
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multi-billion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
The British American Tobacco Nigeria is recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Global Graduate Operations – Leaf
Job Number: 6926
Location: Iseyin, Oyo
- British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Global Graduate (Operations: Leaf) to join our team in Nigeria.
- We are BAT! A global leader with more than 200 brands in over 180 markets. And we bring together the world’s brightest and best minds. That’s why we value uniqueness. If you’re driven, passionate and ambitious, apply to our exciting new opportunity of a Global Graduate Programme Operations Leaf, which will let you achieve your potential!
What is Global Graduate Programme & What Do We Offer?
- It’s a 12-month, fast-track development programme to a management job for high potential fresh graduates and young professionals! The aim of the programme is to raise future leaders of BAT Operations Team!
During Your Programme We Will Give You:
- A real job with real impact from day one
- World-class leadership training in Global BAT Academy in England where you will establish networking with fellow graduates and senior colleagues from around the world
- Chance to make an impact on our international business participating in global cross-market projects, under the supervision of your dedicated Coach & Mentor.
- Ultimately, it will set you up for a successful career ahead – the chance to progress from graduate to junior manager in 12 months.
- We’re serious about putting you on the right career path and consider our Global Graduate Programme as a stepping-stone to bigger and better things.
- It’s tough. It’s fast-paced. And it’ll stretch you to the limit. If you have what it takes, no other organisation can offer a graduate experience quite like ours. The only question is: are you up to the challenge?
- If your answer is YES, then this may be the role for you. We are seeking for high calibre graduates to join our 2018 Graduate Programme!
- Have a university degree
- Are a fresh graduate (not later than 3 years after university), with a high-performance academic track record – minimum of Second Class Upper division or equivalent?
- Have completed the National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Are ambitious, resilient and more proactive than others when it comes to learning new things
- Possess leadership skills demonstrated through extra-curricular activities
- Have strong analytical skills
- Are internationally and nationally mobile
….we are looking forward to your application!
- Agricultural related background or experience is required.
Application Closing Date
Job Title: Laboratory Supervisor
- As a Chemical Laboratory Supervisor, you will have a vital role to play in continually evaluating and monitoring product quality to ensure product specification is maintained and compliance to established Regulations which are increasingly evolving. This will require proactiveness in identifying any method obsolescence and escalating any non-conformance for management decision making.
- There will be the expectance to support the Factory Quality Assurance Manager in ensuring that the relevant Global Analytical Methodologies, ISO Standards and BAT procedures are properly applied in the analysis of tobacco, tobacco smoke and non-tobacco materials used in the construction and packaging of cigarettes.
- Offering support to the the manager in maintaining a multi-skilled, well-trained work-group within the laboratory is a must. You will at all times strive to maintain the Highest Standard of Operation as demanded by the company.
- To develop, implement and maintain procedures, test methods, calibration and maintenance in compliance with ISO and Global Analytical requirements.
- Lead work of routine chemical analyses, requested researches, Global Proficiencies studies and Regional cross–checks according to BAT Standards.
- Provide information or conduct monthly meetings with Product Improvement, Quality Assurance to discuss compliance of smoking characteristics of a product to requirements of the specification and the legislation.
- Ensure compliance with BAT EHS guidelines for all departmental representatives engaged in all laboratory activities.
- Ensure operational ability of chemical laboratory and that all Laboratory equipment (Linear Smoke Machine, Gas Chromatograph, Continuous Flow Analyzer and Reference Standards) are calibrated, maintained and used in a proper manner – daily & monthly.
- Ensure control of records, including hard copies available, and that all non-conforming results are properly investigated and communicated.
- Carry out revision of procedures, methods, instructions, to assure correctness of their application on a regular basis.
- Effectively elaborate laboratory budgets and manage the Chemical Lab’s chemicals and consumables.
- Produce and provide accurate, timely and error-free information on laboratory data, and play an advisory role to the Quality function.
- Responsible to perform assigned functions.
- Authorize to operate assigned equipment and to perform assigned tests.
- Responsible to perform Calibration and Verification activities on assigned equipment, for planning laboratory testing and to adhere to all Policies, Procedures, Work Instructions and Testing methods at all times.
- Authorize to initiate logging of non-conformance according to procedure, to assist with method modification, development and validation of new methods and to stop their work if an unsafe or non-standard condition is detected and to inform Management immediately.
- Authorize to initiate a Preventive Action request.
- Responsible to identify areas of improvement, provide trouble shooting for analysis performed, maintain Client and laboratory confidentiality, incoming inspection of purchased item, adhere to all Statutory and Regulatory requirements and to identify & initiate corrective and preventive action.
- Coordinate all environmental management system activities in your section and ensure proper aspect and impact analysis to support its sustenance.
- Maintain a professional and well-motivated team, ensuring appropriate training and development for employees with regular performance discussions.
- Provide expert assistance during the periodic servicing of laboratory equipment and the execution of repairs as required.
- Regularly holds meetings with team members to communicate product delivery performance and track corrective and improvement plan from various studies and cross-checks.
- Plan and co-ordinate annual maintenance, servicing and calibration of laboratory equipment and kits.
- Effectively manages laboratory expenditure and assets within the agreed budget.
- Support the implementation of quality systems which comply with the International Standards Organization Quality Management Systems.
- Keeps teams focused on key priorities; sets daily activities to ensure things happen as planned to achieve objectives.
- Manage processes of certification and standardization together with external certifying bodies within chemical laboratory.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships within Quality Assurance Department, BAT Regional Laboratories and R&D with understanding of legislative requirements within WAA.
- Creates a climate of teamwork within the Laboratory team to motivate and guide subordinates.
- Keeping abreast of developments in modern analytical techniques for qualitative output and prevents obsolescence.
- Develop and implement: best practices, common platforms, sharing experience/knowledge with other functions and factories.
- Tertiary qualifications in Science Field with Chemistry as a major study area.
- Computer literacy to the level of proficient use of Microsoft office applications.
- Knowledge and experience of software for the control of analytical instruments.
- Knowledge in ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 17025 requirements.
- Have a sound troubleshooting analytical skills and problem-solving tools.
- Basic Project management skills.
- Understanding of elements making cigarettes and factor that can influence product quality and smoke to be able to translate laboratory results.
- Knowledge of SAP system.
- Understanding of Corporate and ISO Quality Management Systems.
- Display excellent interpersonal skills and good communication (verbally and in writing) to translate analytical results.
- Evidence in leadership capabilities and ability to motivate and engage with internal and external bodies.
- At least 3 years’ experience in chemical laboratory environment with at least a GC equipment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Apply here: https://careers.bat.com/search/?q=&locationsearch=nigeria