Assistant Livelihood Officer at UNHCR Recruitment 2018/2019 Exercise
Assistant Livelihood Officer at UNHCR Recruitment 2018/2019 Exercise. UNHCR was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Livelihood Officer, NO-A
Vacancy Number: 2018/VA/048a
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration of Contract: One Year
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Context, Duties and Responsibilities
- The Assistant Livelihood Officer reports to the Programme Officer and s/he will work closely with protection and supply units for the enhancement of the protection responses to persons integrated in the livelihood programmes
- S/he will be the interface between UNHCR and livelihood partners implementing and consolidating Livelihoods Strategy that positively contributes to the creation of conditions for an effective self-reliance of the crisis-affected populations in the Northeast of Nigeria
- Considering the importance the livelihood programme in the enhancement of the protection response and durable solutions, the incumbent will be instrumental in the design of the livelihood roadmap and in the exploration of new livelihoods opportunities
- S/he should be proactive, always looking for new opportunities, having economic and social sensibility; convincing donors and partners for mobilization of funds and establishment of impactful partnerships that will benefit to persons in need
- The incumbent will assist in the development of the local livelihoods strategies and social infrastructure to develop and sustain the Livelihoods of POCs. For coordination/continuity/reintegration purposes, s/he should liaise with existing livelihood programs in Lac Chad Basin countries hosting Nigerian refugees.
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of UNHCR Livelihoods Strategy in the area of responsibility.
- Conduct, facilitate and support wealth ranking surveys for POCs.
- Advocate with public and private services providers operating in the country to provide services to UNHCR persons of concerns i.e. business development services, micro-finance institutions, training institutes, banks, business incubators, poverty alleviation programmes etc.
- Support the regular sharing of livelihoods related information among different humanitarian, developmental and governmental stakeholders.
- Strengthen, guide and monitor the different livelihoods interventions under the UNHCR programme and ensure compliance with UNHCR Minimum Criteria for Livelihoods programming.
- Utilize efficient targeting techniques to graduate vulnerable POCs out of poverty.
- Design and implement, in cooperation with national government, implementing partners, and UNHCR representation office, a custom-made annual operation plan within the framework of the approved livelihoods strategy
- Build a strong relationship with the relevant government stakeholders to enhance their ownership of the livelihoods programme initiated by UNHCR.
- Build a strong relationship with livelihood programs targeting Nigerian refugees in the LCB countries to enhance continuity especially for returnees
- Maintain close contacts with partners both in public, private and NGO sectors in order to harmonize activities relating to promotion of livelihoods activities.
- Perform any other related functions as required.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in Economics, Business Administration, Socio-economic Development, Rural Development, Financial Management or other related fields plus minimum 1 year of previous work experience relevant to the function. Graduate Degree (equivalent of a Master’s) or Doctorate Degree (equivalent of a PhD) may also be accepted.
- Experience in working effectively with private sector, international and national NGOs and UN organisations, and with government authorities at national level.
- Excellent knowledge of English language.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Completion of UNHCR Protection Learning Programme (PLP) and/or the Operations Management Learning Programme (OMLP).
- Experience with UNHCR standards and indicators, and/or projects related to the millennium development goals.
- UNHCR Field experience.
- Knowledge of local language(s).
Application Closing Date
Midnight, 25th September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should visit here to apply online http://career.unhcr.ng/job/show/assistant-livelihood-officer
Interested and qualified candidates should send an Application/Letter of Motivation, Resume as well as fully completed and signed “UNHCR Personal History Form (P11)” to: [email protected] quoting in the subject line the Vacancy Number and Job Title of the position.
- Kindly make sure you use the UNHCR personal History form.
- A written test will be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency based interview.
- There is no need to send other certificates with the application at this stage.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.
List of Top 11 government job vacancies
- Federal Civil Service 2018/2019 Recruitment
- NEITI Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Registration Form
- NAIC Recruitment 2018/2019 Registration Form
- Code of Conduct Bureau Recruitment 2018/2019 Registration Form
- CPC Recruitment 2018/2019 Registration Form www.cpc.gov.ng
- Rivers State Civil Service Recruitment 2018/2019 Form | Apply 20 Positions
- NNPC Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Registration Form | Registration Guide
- NHIS Recruitment 2018/19 Application Registration Form
- Zenith Bank Recruitment 2018/2019 for Graduate Trainee and Non-Graduates
- INEC Adhoc Recruitment 2018/2019
- CBN Recruitment 2018/19 | cbn.gov.ng | Apply Central Bank of Nigeria Job Vacancy