Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship 2019/2020 for Africans
Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship 2019/2020 for Africans – Applications are invited from African Students (African nationals and resident in Africa) for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship 2019. The Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship deadline for submission of applications is 20th February, 2019.
Thanks to the generosity of the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable trust, three Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship have been established for African Students (African nationals and resident in Africa), who wish to undertake a taught masters course at SOAS University of London (School of Oriental and African Studies).
The Ferguson scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit. Students offered an Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship must take it up in the academic year 2019/20 and it cannot be carried forward to a later year. Eligible programs for the scholarship include:
- Full-time MA African Studies
- Full-time MA International Studies and Diplomacy
- Full-time MA Social Anthropology of Development
Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship Eligibility.
- Be nationals of and resident in an African country;
- Hold an undergraduate degree at the first class level;
- Hold an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible programs by the scholarship deadline. Priority may be given to applicants with unconditional offers. If your offer is conditional, please ensure you meet the conditions as soon as possible.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2019. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirement as soon as possible.
Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship Benefits.
- Each Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship covers tuition fees in full and provides a maintenance grant of £7,000;
- In addition to this, International Student’s House (ISH) provides free accommodation and a food scholarship. The scholarship recipient must reside at International Student House during the whole of your course. ISH is an independent educational charity that runs a large student hostel near the School, together with social facilities for international students in London. It has a close association with the University of London. You should also be aware that in return for the residential scholarship, ISH expects their scholarship students to play an active role in the life of ISH. In addition you may be asked to work on a voluntary basis within the House for a few hours each month.
How to Apply for Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship.
You must follow two steps:
STEP 1: You must submit a complete online application for admission
Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue a full-time masters program at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement.
The panel will be considering your scholarship application together with your on-line application for admission. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of the year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
It is recommended to apply for the program about six weeks before the scholarship deadline (that is by January 9, 2019).