African Public Health Leaders Fellowship Entry Application Form
African Public Health Leaders Fellowship Entry Application Form. African Public Health Leaders Fellowship provides a mix of intensive orientation, interaction with African leaders in public health and high-level remote mentoring.
Following the successful Public Health Leaders Fellowship pilot of three West African fellows in 2016/17, the Centre on Global Health Security is pleased to team up with the Global Health Centre at the Graduate Institute, Geneva for a new cohort of African Public Health Leadership fellows.
Table of Contents
African Public Health Leaders Fellowship Entry Application Form.
The fellowship will develop the skills in leadership, policy analysis and formulation of successful applicants, who will benefit from the networking and mentoring opportunities in London, Geneva and their respective countries. Fellows will each develop and produce a project as part of the fellowship programme.
African Public Health Leaders Fellowship Benefits.
The fellowship provides fellows with an opportunity to:
- Hone their leadership skills.
- Improve their ability to assess public health in their own country.
- Strengthen their capacity to develop, implement and evaluate public health initiatives.
- Build networks across relevant sectors.
A hallmark of the fellowship is its mix of intensive orientation, interaction with African leaders in public health and high-level remote mentoring. The mentoring is provided by leading experts at the Chatham House Centre on Global Health Security in London and at the Global Health Centre at the Graduate Institute in Geneva. The major requirement is that fellows complete a relevant independent project, under virtual mentoring, while maintaining their jobs in their home countries.
Fellows will be expected to undertake a project in one of the following areas:
- Communicable diseases, including emerging infections and antimicrobial resistance.
- International Health Regulations.
- Universal Health Coverage.
- The role of private industry in public health.
- One Health.
- Planetary health.
- Climate change and health.African
- Sustainable Development Goals.
- Non-communicable diseases and their risk factors, including obesity and smoking.
African Public Health Leaders Fellowship Eligibility.
- The fellowship is available to Africans, working in Africa, who have a background in mid-level or senior public health management and who want to strengthen their public health leadership skills and knowledge in order to effect real and lasting change.
- Candidates must be in a fully paid position in public health, in either a private or public institution in Africa, that permits a month’s absence for the foundation course training and time for the development of the project during the year of the fellowship.
- Financial support is available for the implementation of field work
How to Apply for African Public Health Leaders .
Download Application form from the link below:
Please email completed applications to email@example.com with all supporting documentation detailed in the application form.
Deadline: Wednesday the 20th of June 2018 at 17:00 BST (GMT + 1).