Mediangr.com
A Nigerian News & Online Scholarship, Job Portal.

Afghan Forces Mistakenly Kill 9 Civilians During Raid On Suspected ISIS Base1 min read

Afghan Forces Mistakenly Kill 9 Civilians. Afghan forces have mistakenly killed nine people, most of them civilians, during a raid on a house in eastern Nangarhar province, which has been a base for ISIS and other militants, officials said.

The raid, which took place late on Monday night in Chaparhar district, also wounded eight other civilians, said provincial governor Hayatullah Hayat.

A local police commander was among the dead, he added.

According to the governor, gunfire had been coming from the house that was raided but the casualties were identified as mostly civilians once the operation ended.

An investigation is under way to determine how the operation resulted in civilian casualties.

Both Taliban and ISIS are active in eastern Afghanistan.

Meanwhile, in the central province of Kabul, two people – a policeman and a civilian – were killed after a bomb attached to a bicycle detonated on Monday in the Qarabagh district, said Mohammad Azem, the district governor.

Mr Azem added that four others, three policemen and a civilian, were wounded in that attack.

READ  JAMB: FRSC Recruitment Candidates Must Undergo Recruitment Test

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Afghan Forces Mistakenly Kill 9 Civilians During Raid On Suspected ISIS Base

time to read: 1 min